Woody Posted January 26, 2009 Posted January 26, 2009 Do any of you know Roennfeldt and Schilt? They were the speakers for the Leadership Conference that my wife went to. Well ... she is still there now but should return soon. She was very excited about their messages. The message of putting off the old self and putting on the new and having a 'death to self' is something that even Robert would agree with. And the church planting idea is great. Roennfeldt has about 7 churches I believe. But since he is a planter ... he doesn't have to do much except make sure the leaders are leading and doing. Ain't that cool. The only problem that I can determine about this guy is that he is an Australian. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted January 26, 2009 Administrators Posted January 26, 2009 I assume the same guy - Clarence Schilt was the pastor when I was at Blue Mountain Academy in PA. I thought he was cool then, which is saying something knowing my teenage frame of mind at the time... I chekced his website Dying For Life and that's the guy I knew way back then. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 26, 2009 Members Posted January 26, 2009 I know Clarence Schilt personally. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Administrators Gail Posted January 26, 2009 Administrators Posted January 26, 2009 Quote: The message of putting off the old self and putting on the new and having a 'death to self' is something that even Robert would agree with. LOL Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted January 27, 2009 Moderators Posted January 27, 2009 I heard Clarence Schilt preach when I visited my mother in Loma Linda years ago when he was asst. pastor at LLU church. He was very well loved there, as I understood it. What is this all about, How to Die Right...? Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 27, 2009 Members Posted January 27, 2009 How to Die Right and Live to Tell About It - that was the title of the series he was working on a couple years ago. There is a 2 CD program and booklet that he got published with that title, put out by Amazing Discoveries. Don't know if the ABC has it or not. **** **** Well, since Blanche has all the info and answers, I'll just back off... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted January 27, 2009 Author Posted January 27, 2009 Blanche brought them home with her. She was pretty excited about it all. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted January 27, 2009 Author Posted January 27, 2009 I heard Clarence Schilt preach when I visited my mother in Loma Linda years ago when he was asst. pastor at LLU church. He was very well loved there, as I understood it. What is this all about, How to Die Right...? See Original Post. How to die to self. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dottie Posted January 28, 2009 Posted January 28, 2009 I have never met Dr Schilt, but his father must be the Dr. Clarence Schilt that treated one of my sons for anxiety about 30 years ago in southwest Florida. Quote
Jerry D Thomas Posted January 28, 2009 Posted January 28, 2009 Dr. Schilt's new book, A Life to Die For, is coming next month from Pacific Press. Look for it at your Adventist Book Center or www.adventistbookcenter.com. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted January 28, 2009 Moderators Posted January 28, 2009 I remember Clarence Schilt when he was on the pastoral staff at Loma Linda University church. That was when Louis Venden and then William Loveless were the pastors there. He was very down-to-earth and easy to talk to. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted January 28, 2009 Author Posted January 28, 2009 I remember William Loveless. I went to Academy with his daughter. BTW ... Do any of you Aussies know Roennfeldt? Haven't heard anything from that side of the globe. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted January 28, 2009 Members Posted January 28, 2009 here's his blog: Peter Roennfeldt blog :smile: Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.