Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Fear of 'what others might think'.


Recommended Posts

Posted

When should we modify what we do ... because of what others might wrongly think of us?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

When I am actually doing or planning to do something wrong!!

If I am doing something right -- no need to worry.

If I am doing something wrong -- stop it, whether others are watching or not.

If I am planning to do something wrong -- stop right there!

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

 

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

Posted

I can relate about offending the 'good' brothers and sisters and end up having them go in the ditch.

How many pastors find themselves in a ... risque position? They have gone into a bar to bring out a member's daughter. And the good brothers happened to be driving by. Why were they not home in their own beds?

When I was little up in Berrien Springs, my grandmother was commenting on this subject.

Seems the organist had very red lips-naturally. Various members would whisper about the supposition that she was wearing makeup. She ended up leaving the church fellowship because of those false rumors.

What one sees is not always what is truth. That is my opinion!

Wakan Tanka Kici Un

~~Child of Christ~~

Posted

Like Beryl said... the right thing should not afraid peer pressure. On the other hand, doing something out of guilt is not a way to go either. I realize that there are different correct ways to do the same thing at times... just like we don't all dress the same way, and don't like the same food. God created us for variety, not uniformity. So, we should celebrate the variety within boundaries of God's will.

Posted

Good thoughts ChildofChrist. The poor gal with red lips ... couldn't very well change that ... unless she DID wear lip stick.

But I was thinking that each of us have different applications of the same scripture. And do we change those applications because someone else might think it was wrong.

There are many gray areas.

And the example of going into a bar to do God's will.

It all goes back to Matt. 18 . We should not gossip. When we have a concern about someone ... we should go to them in private and ask. Talking to others about it is a great sin.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Members
Posted

Good thought redwood. I do believe that we don't all understand things exactly the same. And shouldn't be telling people what to do or not to do. And like you mentioned if we think someone is doing something that we fill is not right, we should approach them and talk to them about it. Not gossip.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...