Administrators Gail Posted February 4, 2009 Administrators Posted February 4, 2009 I wonder if this story is what his movie, The Least of These, was based on? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Taylor Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Probably but I don't think I have seen "The Lest of These". :) Quote
Taylor Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Yes, I find this story very touching. If only ALL churches and ALL Christians were like this! Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 4, 2009 Administrators Posted February 4, 2009 Yes, the short film, "The least of These" is the true story of Agnus. Interesting side light on it. There are a number of my friends in the film. It was produced by one of them and directed by a Columbia Union College alumni and was filmed in a diner not so far from here in Laurel, Maryland. You should get the DVD and get the rest of the story from the extra features. Hint... the real story continues and gets better... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Taylor Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Yes I know the end of the story...it is great!! I don't know where I heard it but it wasn't from a movie. But great to know that your friends were involved in the production of that film! Very cool! Quote
Taylor Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 Is this the only version of the movie? http://www.christiancinema.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=742&&s_kwcid=the%20least%20of%20these|700282346&gclid=CIz5lfP1w5gCFQwxawodBUE9zw Quote
Taylor Posted February 4, 2009 Author Posted February 4, 2009 oops...not sure how to paste that link, apparently. It looks weird. Anyway copy and paste it into your browser, Tom and let me know if this is the complete movie with the "rest of the story" on there. Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 4, 2009 Members Posted February 4, 2009 Taylor I believe that its in one of his books. I'll see if I can find out which book. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 4, 2009 Administrators Posted February 4, 2009 Yes that's the one. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Taylor Posted February 5, 2009 Author Posted February 5, 2009 Yes, sometimes we get things in reverse order. Quote
melvin mccarty Posted February 6, 2009 Posted February 6, 2009 Please someone spell that name (Agnus) correctly!! Surely we know better than that....mel Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 6, 2009 Members Posted February 6, 2009 Taylor I've still not found the book its in. I thought it was in his book "Following Jesus Without Embarrassing God". I scanned through but didn't find the story. I'll probably have to read it a little better. I thought for sure it was in this book. Because I think its the only one I have of his. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 6, 2009 Members Posted February 6, 2009 The Kingdom of God is a Party has the original version by Campolo of "Agnes the Prostitute." Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted February 6, 2009 Members Posted February 6, 2009 Is that the name of the book or is it a chapter in a book? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
olger Posted February 7, 2009 Posted February 7, 2009 Campolo is a capable speaker. His wife is a homosexual activist (I hope that came out right . og Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted February 8, 2009 Administrators Posted February 8, 2009 And that is relevant to this topic, how? Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted February 8, 2009 Members Posted February 8, 2009 Is that the name of the book or is it a chapter in a book? pk It's the name of one of the book. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.