Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

ANYTHING special you and your family does to 'be special' on the Sabbath?

One of my friends, about 30 years ago, brought donuts for the family for friday, that made other people shake their head.. Donuts?

Now 30 years later, I can say all three of his kids are still active in "the Church" I find that interesting..

Anything that you or your kids do (if applicable) to look forward to the Sabbath?

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

  • Members
Posted

I wish I could say that we do something special for the Sabbath. Unfortunately we don't. What we have done is try to have worship just before sundown. Which in itself could be said to be special, but we have worship every evening. When I was growing up we had to have our showers done before the Sabbath, is that special enough Stan :).

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

My wife and I do not do anything special either, unfortunately. But one thing I remember her telling me about was her mother use to bake cinnamon rolls every Friday for breakfast Sabbath morning.

My wife is the best Christian I have ever met, so maybe there is something to this "special for Sabbath" thing.

----

Stan, for those of you who live up north, cinnamon rolls are kind of like donuts, but without the holes. bwink

Visit and Share the BibleTimelines.com URL !

(Explain the Gospel in just a few minutes, or maybe even seconds.)
 

Posted

When I was growing up we had to have our showers done before the Sabbath...

Too bad that the Sabbath has been made into a series of rules. Don't do that & don't do this because it's "work".

Let's see...I just washed my car and painted a spot on my garage door. I also assisted my son with his oil change, but yet I'm resting.

Rob

Posted

I prefer having the ones without the holes also.

But then ... some insist on being holy.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Members
Posted

Yes rob but I now take my showers in the morning of each day. And I believe the Lord loves me no matter which way I do what I do. I can remember back a few years when a friend ask if I could help him fix his car. I think he needed the drive shaft replaced, or something like that. The problem was he asked me on friday and he needed to leave on sunday. So I told the Lord that I needed to help my friend and that I was going to help him on Sabbath after church. I came home changed, ate and than got under his car and fixed what needed fixing. I felt like God was OK with this. I was not getting paid and resting in a sense.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Since I came to a clearer understanding of the Sabbath, every minute of the day is special for our family. We look forward to the next Sabbath from the moment the last one is gone. It to us is a celebration of our world and it's Creator. In it we all try to glorify our Maker in whatever we do. I like the fellowship church brings, the getting together with those of like faith. It is always a disapointment to me (us) when we are not able to go to our little country church because of business or vacation or sickness or whatever. When we return it is a real joy to know we were missed by those that we hold dearest.

As far as family tradition we too have worship as always, but on Sabbath we have it at sunset, and we try to remind each other as how the Lord had blessed us throughout the week. A good rule of thumb for us is to record it in a diary or ledger form so when we come together we don't have to him and haw about it, it's right there!

Posted
cool1

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...