Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Lessons Learned Journal


Recommended Posts

Posted

One thing project managers sometimes do is keep a lessons-learned journal. In it they put both good and bad lessons so that on the next project the team can benefit from the past experiences. About a year ago I started doing this for my spiritual walk. Every day I try to write down something I learned, and also frequently review the past lessons. The other day I went through and picked out some of the lessons that have impacted me the most, and I thought I would share them here in hopes that they might benefit someone else too.

1. By connecting with God through prayer (and I find prayer walks the most effective) it orients my perspective correctly and makes all of my other activities more efficient.

2. Spiritual strength is more important than anything else including physical food, sleep, work or even family time.

3. Pre-decided principles should carry more weight than the impulse of a moment.

4. Ask Jesus questions. Jesus answered questions when asked but he did not always volunteer information. The disciples gained a lot of truth when they asked for it.

5. When we pray, God gives us things that he otherwise would not grant.

6. The most important preparation for the final crisis is a close relationship with Jesus.

7. Give me one truth from the Bible and it is worth more than a hundred impressions.

8. God fulfills his promises, and he does it in a God-sized way.

9. In every person we meet is someone who needs Jesus’ touch. With each person I interact with I can ask myself, "How can I love this person more?"

10. My responsibility for my Christian development is still the same that it was when I first came to Christ – to surrender and simply let him work in me to both will and do according to his good pleasure.

ChristIsLife

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Lessons Learned Journal

I've learnt to surrender my ALL to Jesus Christ and to not take anything for granted;

I've learnt to investigate certain doctrines for myself from the Bible and the Bible alone;

I really do love my Lord with ALL my heart, soul, mind and strength;

I've learnt how to be an effective witness for my Lord and Savior Jesus;

I still have a lot more to learn;

I am still not sure about the state of the dead, heaven and hell from death or the second coming of Jesus Christ;

I'm still studying if eternal torment in hell is either everlasting or not;

Please pray for me that I can find the answers to the questions that I am looking for.

Luke 4:19

To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I am very impressed with #6 and #10 and agree with you 100%.

I have begun to study with a former catholic who had a few SDA studies in the past and asked for a lady to help her. I dug out a different set of studies and started with the question/answer type of lesson. But when she asked me what "divine" meant and what was a "sceptre" I knew she was really spiritually immature.

So the second time I went I suggested she needed to know Jesus and we would start with one of the gospels and I brought my Living Bible.

What a difference, she had read only the exact verses to the questions in past studies, now she is reading chapter after chapter. I am hoping she will fall "in love" with Jesus and I will have done my job.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...