Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 While I was posting this video earlier about Loving the whole world. Well, here is what came to mind.... You know how we are supposed to enjoy God's nature in a sense to love it? Well doesn't God say in the Bible to NOT love or be attracted to anything in the world? Open for discussion. My brain says this might last a pretty long time. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 Also, Will brb I have to go finish something. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 Bye all! I have to go get ready for school tomorrow and after I am finished I probably will not be back on. I probably will be on tomorrow. :) Quote
Woody Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 Good one dgrimm .... lol Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Bravus Posted February 25, 2009 Moderators Posted February 25, 2009 'The world' has a special meaning in Scripture that means something more like 'worldly things' as opposed to 'sacred things'. It's in the context of that stuff that we're warned against 'loving the world'. I believe we are called on to love all of creation, including the world around us and every person. Of course, that might be a lot easier in the abstract than in specific cases! One of the challenges I set myself as a teacher was (and is) to love the least lovable student in the class. It transforms the whole experience of teaching - but it's not easy. Quote Truth is important
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 I see Bravus..... Thanks. Also bye all! Probably won't get back on tonight. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted February 25, 2009 Moderators Posted February 25, 2009 G'night man - it's 12:30 (just after noon) here and I'm heading out to lunch. Quote Truth is important
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 I was doing both at the same time like I am now. Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 25, 2009 Members Posted February 25, 2009 Its very interesting talking to people in Australia, its like talking to someone in the future. hahahahaha pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 No, it's actually like talking to someone in the past. Because they are about 9 hours behind. Not completely sure though. Quote
Woody Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 Is the future ... good or bad? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted February 25, 2009 Members Posted February 25, 2009 No cosmin we are in the past for them, they are a day ahead of us. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Bravus Posted February 26, 2009 Moderators Posted February 26, 2009 Oh, we like, todally live in the future. It's 10 am on the 26th of Feb for me right now. I'll post this and then see what time the forum thinks it is... Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted February 26, 2009 Moderators Posted February 26, 2009 OK, forum sez 1 am on the 26th, so we're 9 hours ahead of Pacific time. Quote Truth is important
Woody Posted February 26, 2009 Posted February 26, 2009 Like I said ... you are in the future ... but the future is not good. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted February 26, 2009 Moderators Posted February 26, 2009 My timestamp for your post shows 4 p.m. on the 25th. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.