Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Posted February 25, 2009 C'mon, some of you guys have got to have some cool desktops. Here's mine: If you don't know how to take pictures of your desktop try one of these links... Mac User- http://www.ehow.com/how_8175_snapshot-macs-screen.html Windows User- http://www.ehow.com/how_10024_snapshot-windows-computer.html Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted February 25, 2009 Moderators Posted February 25, 2009 Dude, you may want to chill just a little bit on the very quick bumps of threads. You posted this question and then bumped it 22 minutes later! Most of us have jobs, most of us sleep and some of us are in very different time zones. And a forum is not an Instant Messenger service... relax into the slower rhythms of the forum a bit. Here's my current desktop, but I have my Mac set up to cycle through a bunch of nice nature photos so it'll be different soon... I'll post the ones I use at home and on my laptop as I use those various machines. Whoa, srsly, time for me to tidy up! Quote Truth is important
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 About the bumping thing.. More like 44 minutes. But true, I normally am not a very slow person. Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted February 25, 2009 Moderators Posted February 25, 2009 No worries - though if you check the forum times it says 12:02 to 12:30, which is more like 28 minutes. Anyway, no quibbles - it's fine, not a big issue, but you'll enjoy yourself more, and other people will enjoy your posts more, with just a smidge more patience... Quote Truth is important
Cosmin M. Posted February 25, 2009 Author Posted February 25, 2009 Also, nice desktop. Just saw it. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted February 26, 2009 Author Posted February 26, 2009 Doug, what kind of BMW is that? Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted February 27, 2009 Moderators Posted February 27, 2009 Ooh, that's what I'll do - I'm alone at home and bored, so I'll wander around to all the computers and post the desktops here! Starting with my laptop: Quote Truth is important
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 27, 2009 Posted February 27, 2009 How do you post it? Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Cosmin M. Posted February 27, 2009 Author Posted February 27, 2009 You can upload your file to http://photobucket.com/ or http://zshare.net/ and then find the link that ends with a picture extension. (ex. .jpg,.jpeg,.gif) and post it here. (with ) Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted February 28, 2009 Moderators Posted February 28, 2009 Gramma - I'm not sure how Cosmin added the attachment with an image, I couldn't figure out how to do it. Hopefully he can explain, but if not, email it to me and I'll host it on 'my' server and let you know the link to post. Here's the 'Kids' Computer' - kinda boring, but this is the computer everyone uses so it's hard to find anything interesting that a 15 year old wannabe laywer, an 18 year old university science students, a 44 year old metalhead motorcycling professor and a 45 year old gaming manager will all agree on! Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted February 28, 2009 Moderators Posted February 28, 2009 Or yeah, that way works... Onward and upward to the 'Parents' Computer'... Quote Truth is important
Cosmin M. Posted February 28, 2009 Author Posted February 28, 2009 Who's the motorcycling.. Ohh... you... Who is the gamer? Quote
Members phkrause Posted February 28, 2009 Members Posted February 28, 2009 The gamer is bravus and the Harley rider is the little lady. hahahahahaha just kidding. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Bravus Posted February 28, 2009 Moderators Posted February 28, 2009 Quote Truth is important
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 28, 2009 Posted February 28, 2009 I looked up the instructions to put it on my own webspace, and that's a lot bigger job than I feel like doing tonight! (Reading the manual and figuring it all out, that is.... plus downloading and installing an FTP program.) So, maybe later. I have webspace and my own domain name, and there's plenty of room for a good website, but I got it for IMAP mail, and have never gotten around to doing anything else with it yet. Someday......! Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members phkrause Posted February 28, 2009 Members Posted February 28, 2009 That's a cool desktop bravus. Is it a pc desktop? pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Bravus Posted February 28, 2009 Moderators Posted February 28, 2009 Many hosting sites have web-based ftp solutions - I know mine does - so that might be worth checking out. If you do decide to do a bit more web stuff, I use and recommend CuteFTP. Quote Truth is important
GreatLakesGramma Posted February 28, 2009 Posted February 28, 2009 I used to use Smart FTP, but since I closed my Geocities website and lost my webspace with our former ISP, I haven't had time nor reason to use it. My web host does offer Wise FTP, but it's on a CD you have to request, and I didn't. I don't have time to get involved with all that again. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.