Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Posted March 6, 2009 It was mentioned in another thread ... that taxes were really not all that difficult to comprehend. Hey .... if taxes can be figured out ... surely the gospel could be comprehended. Ellen White says the gospel is as simple as ABC. I believe this. Why can't we just love and accept the Gospel. If we do that ... we can rely on the Word of God only. Would we need to have the word of prophets? I say no. I think the Gospel is complete as presented in the Bible and that is all we need. Perhaps the weak need more to be pointed to the Bible as Ellen White describes her purpose. Okay ... what say you. Are Taxes as simple as the Gospel? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted March 6, 2009 Members Posted March 6, 2009 If your talking about the taxes that we pay to the government than I say yes, they are simple. And I also agree about the gospel that it is simple also, but at the same time some people need to go deeper than others . They either need it that way or they just can't believe something can be that simple. I also believe that when the nation of Israel needed a reminder, God had to send a prophet to get them back on track. As far as EGW was concerned I think at the time the Adventist church was just beginning to get started, so like the Jews of old he needed her to get the SDA church headed in the right direction. They needed a prophet at that time. I would say that that could happen again! What do you think. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted March 6, 2009 Author Posted March 6, 2009 Wow!! I think you have posted a terrific post. I very much appreciate your thoughts. And I agree. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted March 6, 2009 Moderators Posted March 6, 2009 Quote: Why can't we just love and accept the Gospel. If we do that ... we can rely on the Word of God only. Well, that's exactly the problem - too many people do NOT accept the gospel. Too many go through mental gymnastics to explain away what the gospel plainly says. For examples: 1. The Bible says that when a sinner is born again, he becomes a new creation. Yet some will claim that nothing much changes in the life of the person. 2. As plain as day, God said, "Remember the Sabath day", yet this is the one commandment millions of Christians ignore. 3. Jesus said, "Go and sin no more." "If you love me keep my commandments." The Apostle John said, "No one who abides in Him keeps on sinning." Too many do not believe it. They say it's not possible, thus denying the power of God and the power of the gospel. Quote: Would we need to have the word of prophets? That's precisely the reason God sends prophets because too many do not believe the testimony of the previous prophets. Had God's professed people believed & obeyed Moses, the Bible would have been a lot thinner than it is. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.