Cosmin M. Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Mine was awesome. We had testing in my weight lifting class. Compare my scores..... First Day vs This week (Lifting them 10 times) ----------------------- Dead Lift- 135 first time and this week 180 pounds. Bench- 80 first time and 100 this week. Squat- 100 first time next week we are testing on squat. This is benching... Squat.... Dead lift.... How was your week? Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 7, 2009 Members Posted March 7, 2009 My week was great, thanks for asking. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Bravus Posted March 7, 2009 Moderators Posted March 7, 2009 Good stuff on the weight-lifting: I never had classes, but I think about the best I did in high school for the full clean and jerk above my head was about 100 lbs. Would like to give it a go now, though - I did a fair bit of gym training when we were in New Guinea but it was all on Nautilus style machines so I don;t have actual weight numbers to compare. My week was good. First full week of teaching this semester. I'm teaching 4 courses, but with online versions of a couple of them that makes it more like a 6 course teaching load in total, plus we're at the busiest time for my research project and I'm writing a book chapter. But by Friday afternoon this week I actually felt as though I could slow down and settle down a little bit, after just going flat out, 6 days a week, for the past 6 weeks. It's a good feeling, and the coming week should be less busy, although of course there's still plenty to do and at least one new crisis I know about already. Quote Truth is important
Cosmin M. Posted March 7, 2009 Author Posted March 7, 2009 Cool. Happy Sabbath. A thought keeps bothering me. I have homework Sunday. :( Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 7, 2009 Members Posted March 7, 2009 I hope dgrimm that you are looking for a job at least 3 times a week. hahahaha pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted March 7, 2009 Members Posted March 7, 2009 Yeah I know what you mean. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Key Guy Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Weird week.. Good: Lots of tips! Health and rest abounded Online sales picking up Wife repainting kitchen (I think that goes under the good column) Father survives potentially awful accident It's Sabbath! Had a good Bible study student (Pray for him, please) Lost 3 pounds.... yeah, baby Bad: Bizarre misunderstanding with good friend (resolved with hugs and prayer) Dog has Lymes disease (stupid ticks!) Well, it WAS a pretty good week after all! (woo hoo!!!) Quote
Cosmin M. Posted March 7, 2009 Author Posted March 7, 2009 Hope all the bad become goods and all the goods become betters! :) Quote
Dottie Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Just another week; they all seem the same. Two appts. on Monday, one on Tues., two on Wed. Those were for son. One for me today; doctor recommended another appt. with another dr. I am always so-o-o glad for the Sabbath; the only place I have to go is church, and I can listen to adults talk. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted March 7, 2009 Author Posted March 7, 2009 :) Happy to hear that Dottie. Hope you and your son get/feel better! Quote
Dottie Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Sorry, Cosmin, my son's appts. are for therapy. Quote
Cosmin M. Posted March 7, 2009 Author Posted March 7, 2009 Ahhh... What kind of therapy if you don't mind telling me? Quote
Dottie Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Multiple types, left over from his earliest years. Quote
True-believer Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 I've had an awesome week--woo hoo... working at McDonalds full-time and doing my studies on the side... yeah, it is pretty great... Thanks for asking... I love the freedom we have in Jesus Christ, it is so cooool!!! Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Woody Posted March 7, 2009 Posted March 7, 2009 Hey Luke ... Glad you had a great week. Cool. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology. Â
Planey Posted March 8, 2009 Posted March 8, 2009 How was my week? Can't Really Adequately Portray It. Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
olger Posted March 8, 2009 Posted March 8, 2009 It was pretty great. Better than last week even. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Bravus Posted March 8, 2009 Moderators Posted March 8, 2009 Very nice acronymical work there, Graeme Prayers coming your way for one you *can* portray Quote Truth is important
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.