Woody Posted March 17, 2009 Posted March 17, 2009 to ya all ... I pray that ya all have the 'gift of Blarney' as I do. But exceptin you have kissed the ol' Blarney Stone ... I fear that ye will never be as 'gifted' as I be. If ye wonder why me's been up on the Poster's Hall of Fame so muchin ... well ... there B thee answer. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
True-believer Posted March 17, 2009 Posted March 17, 2009 Thanks Redwood our bro in Christ--we love ya heaps. Can you feel the LOVE in this place... Love is all around us for God is LOVE... L O V E Stands For: L -- LIVE O -- OVER V -- VICTORY E -- ETERNALLY In Christ Jesus Alone Always and Forever. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Stan Posted March 17, 2009 Posted March 17, 2009 He was reportedly a Sabbath Keeper as well... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
jlbyrd Posted March 17, 2009 Posted March 17, 2009 He was reportedly a Sabbath Keeper as well... Really?! Wow, that's interesting. Quote www.reviewandherald.tumblr.com
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 17, 2009 Members Posted March 17, 2009 A St Patrick's Day card for C/A members. Click here: card Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted March 17, 2009 Author Posted March 17, 2009 Well ... O'bama got a good photo op with the Taoiseach today. http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/index.asp?locID=607&docID=4312 .I heard it live. They both made comments about trying to verify O'bama's roots. I suppose if the Taoiseach can't verify it ... then nobody can. Also ... I noticed that in the spirit of the day ... The Taoiseach was wearing a broach or weeds ... I did the same when I went to see the St. Patricks Day parade in Dublin. Yes, today everyone wants to be Irish ... even O'Bama. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted March 17, 2009 Members Posted March 17, 2009 pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Liz Posted March 17, 2009 Posted March 17, 2009 Thanks Rudywoofs, that was very nice. Happy St. P's Day to everyone too. Don't forget to wear the bit o'green, so's ye won't get pinched. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 17, 2009 Moderators Posted March 17, 2009 Happy St. P's Day to everyone too. Don't forget to wear the bit o'green, so's ye won't get pinched. --Or, if you're not Catholic, wear orange. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 17, 2009 Moderators Posted March 17, 2009 A St Patrick's Day card for C/A members. Click here: card Beautiful. [i love those Jacquie Lawson e-cards.] Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Administrators Gail Posted March 17, 2009 Administrators Posted March 17, 2009 Thanks Rudywoofs, that was very nice. Happy St. P's Day to everyone too. Don't forget to wear the bit o'green, so's ye won't get pinched. I heard that (about getting pinched) for the first time today! I do have Celtic roots on my dad's side of the family but other than a patch of green on my jacket didn't put green on. I guess I deserve a pinch! Pam, I always like your e-cards. May you never stop posting them! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 17, 2009 Members Posted March 17, 2009 As long as you have a bit o' the green on you, you shouldn't get pinched! :smile: Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Dottie Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 My boy likes every special day, so he wore a Kelly green t-shirt to school today, along with a green plastic bowler, and a pair of plastic sunglasses that looked like two shamrocks! Of course, everyone thought he was adorable, as usual. He went around saying "Erin go bragh" to everyone, even though I don't really know what it means. But I also have Irish blood: ancestors by the names of Atkinson, Flanagan, and others. And a Happy St. Patty's day to you! (belatedly) Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 I didn't wear green, & I didn't get pinched. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
nuff sed Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Protestants don't wear Green on St. Patrick's day. They wear Orange. Quote
nuff sed Posted March 18, 2009 Posted March 18, 2009 Protestants don't wear Green on St. Patrick's day. They wear Orange. (sorry...I couldn't find an Orange uniform!) Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted March 18, 2009 Moderators Posted March 18, 2009 Not something to do in certain areas of Ireland, though, if you value your health. Quote Truth is important
Members phkrause Posted March 18, 2009 Members Posted March 18, 2009 You know all these years I did not know that, until yesterday. How dumb is that. hahahahaha pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted March 18, 2009 Author Posted March 18, 2009 Well .... I can tell you that the SDAs in Ireland wore the clover ... Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 18, 2009 Members Posted March 18, 2009 Protestants don't wear Green on St. Patrick's day. They wear Orange. I never in my whole life heard of wearing orange on St Patrick's Day ... Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Woody Posted March 18, 2009 Author Posted March 18, 2009 Wearing of green According to legend, St. Patrick used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish.St. Patrick's Blue, not green, was the colour long-associated with St. Patrick. Green, the colour most widely associated with Ireland, with Irish people, and with St. Patrick's Day in modern times, may have gained its prominence through the phrase "the wearing of the green" meaning to wear a shamrock on one's clothing. At many times in Irish history, to do so was seen as a sign of Irish nationalism or loyalty to the Roman Catholic faith. St. Patrick used the shamrock, a three-leaved plant, to explain the Holy Trinity to the pre-Christian Irish. The wearing of and display of shamrocks and shamrock-inspired designs have become a ubiquitous feature of the saint's holiday.[12] The change to Ireland's association with green rather than blue probably began around the 1750's.[13][14] Some Protestants have begun wearing orange on St. Patrick's Day as a mark of defiance.[15] This relatively new tradition has its roots in William of Orange (William III), the King of England, Scotland, and Ireland, who defeated King James II, a Roman Catholic, in the Battle of the Boyne near Dublin. William's victory would ensure Protestant military dominance on the island and has been a source of tension ever since. Although the "Orange" in William's name actually referred to a province in southern France, the colour reference of orange for Protestants stuck. This is why orange now appears in the Irish flag - to symbolize the Protestant minority in Ireland.[16] The first group to take part in the tradition of wearing orange on St. Patrick's Day appears to have been the Orange Institution, a Protestant fraternal organization more commonly known as the Orange Order. Some members of the order wore orange in various parades on St. Patrick's Day as a mark of defiance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Patrick's_Day Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.