Stan Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 hard to seem possible... yet other times it seems like a lifetime.. We have been up and running now nine years. Changed servers several times. Changed hosting companies several times. Millions of Google ads have shown up on pages around the world. Folks have married. Folks have passed away. Folks have had children. Stan has been driven insane 77 times. Must be several hundred thousand posts. (Several hundred thousand had to be deleted over the years) Wars have been fought. The most outstanding post to me, was when LyynDel said her husband died. What was yours? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 20, 2009 Members Posted March 20, 2009 Click here: an anniversary card Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Stan Posted March 20, 2009 Author Posted March 20, 2009 Nice!!! I always wondered how flowers got in front of stores :) Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Neil D Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 We have been up and running now nine years. Changed servers several times. Changed hosting companies several times. Millions of Google ads have shown up on pages around the world. Folks have married. Folks have passed away. Folks have had children. Stan has been driven insane 77 times. Now Stan, there's no need to be a Complaining....You still got, at least , 77 more times to become sane again.... ...and you think that this is only a few lifetimes.... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Stan Posted March 20, 2009 Author Posted March 20, 2009 I only became sane 76 times... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Neil D Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 Don't worry, I have another problem in which I am sure you can go thru the process at least one more time.... :smilewink: Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Members phkrause Posted March 20, 2009 Members Posted March 20, 2009 Than you have one more to go! pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
carolaa Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 Don't worry, Cosmin, you can celebrate. I don't think many of us have been members from the beginning. Stan, do know how many have been members the entire 9 years? Quote
Outta Here Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 Congratulations on a well-run, well-attended website, Stan! Quote
Cosmin M. Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 I know Neil D and pkrause has been here since the beginning. Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 I was here at the beginning, active too, with my real first and last name. Found out how easy it is for someone to get address & phone number online if they know your name & state, so dropped that one & opened a new one with a pseudonym. Tried to check out my original profile to find out the date I joined, but don't remember the password, & don't have the same email anymore, so couldn't look at it. I do know it's still there, because when I used the "forgot password", it said it mailed it. But I won't get it. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Outta Here Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 Well of course, there's Stan Jensen! Here are some other folk who seem to have been around here since the very beginning: KeyGuy SMAN Nan Gregory Matthews Gladussee D. Allan ChildofChrist Quote
Liz Posted March 20, 2009 Posted March 20, 2009 So what makes you think you are sane now???? (Sorry, Stan, I couldn't resist) Congratulations on a wonderful site. (((((Stan))))) Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Members phkrause Posted March 21, 2009 Members Posted March 21, 2009 I most diffinitely have to second that. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
SivartM Posted March 21, 2009 Posted March 21, 2009 Congratulations! I don't think I've been here since the beginning... I wonder what you did without me? :\ Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
carolaa Posted March 21, 2009 Posted March 21, 2009 Thanks for sticking with it, Stan. I'm sure sometimes you have wondered why you keep doing it. Hopefully, other times make up for the difficult ones. You're doing a great service. Quote
Key Guy Posted March 21, 2009 Posted March 21, 2009 Wow! 9 years. Looks my anniversary comes up April 1. No comments, please. Anyone remember when we had a 'forum' on CompuServe in the late 80's, early 90's? Anyway: Congrats to Stan the his dedication and untold hours spent to get the ball rolling and maintain a truly fun and educational site. There is a blessing and ministry here. I am glad to be a part of it, too. Quote
nuff sed Posted March 23, 2009 Posted March 23, 2009 Sure I remember the old SDA forum....What a bunch of fussing, fuming and fighting! I still talk to Rose Bowen every day via IM. She is the last one I still remember...... except for Delwin Finch who is currently the Webmaster/webpastor of the Forest Lake Church here in Apopka, Florida www.forestlakechurch.org Quote
Key Guy Posted March 23, 2009 Posted March 23, 2009 Rose and Delwin... A blast from the past indeed. Please share my greetings when you contact them again. (I miss Denise) Quote
Key Guy Posted March 23, 2009 Posted March 23, 2009 Stan.... how many of the first 100 members of this forum are still active? Quote
Neil D Posted March 23, 2009 Posted March 23, 2009 Lot of water under the bridge......since the last 9 years.....nearly a decade ago... Where were you 9 years ago.... I was in Boise Idaho, and traveling to Aspen Colorado to work..... Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Stan Posted March 23, 2009 Author Posted March 23, 2009 Not sure how many of the first 100 are still active... I would get 30 or so, several had been deleted over dead emails. Suzanne is the earliest member that is active. Carlos is close the the first.. Some have passed away.. Del Doug M ( I think he passed away, would like to talk with him if he hasn't) 1/2 Step Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Members phkrause Posted March 23, 2009 Members Posted March 23, 2009 Yes I also remember the old forum. Not sure what year I joined, probably could look it up. It was sad that Roger Blodgett died. He was a great guy. Stan reminds me of him. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 23, 2009 Posted March 23, 2009 I joined Adventists Online in early December of 1999, just before my oldest granddaughter was born. But I joined for the chat room, not the board, and didn't participate in the board until months later, not long before they closed. In fact, I joined VOAF, at the invitation of a chat room friend, Narcah, and Maritime, at the invitation of other chat room friends, Daryl Fawcett and Laurie Mosher, and it wasn't until I became active there that I started participating on the board at Adventists Online, and joined Club Adventist. I see that Narcah has been coming again once in a while lately. He's one of the originals. He quit participating when he got married 6 years ago. He and his wife now have one child and are in the process of adopting 3 more. I hope he doesn't mind my sharing that. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.