Woody Posted April 19, 2009 Posted April 19, 2009 Don't know how many of you appreciate Table Tennis. But I thought this was fantastic. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2717768/table_tennis_amizing_match/ Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted April 19, 2009 Author Posted April 19, 2009 Yes, I don't know how he could hit it so high and far and still hit the table. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 19, 2009 Members Posted April 19, 2009 One of my favorite things is table tennis, this was awesome redwood. The funny thing is the guy slamming the ball, was slamming it right at the other guy. If it was me slamming, I would have slammed it to the other side. hahahahaha But it was a pretty good volley none the less. I've seen these two guys play before. They had some really great volleys. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
True-believer Posted April 21, 2009 Posted April 21, 2009 I absolutely love table tennis... Haven't played it since my youth leader days at the Baptist Church... because I left and join the Adventist Church... Thats where I find the most truth being taught... Maybe oneday they'll start a table tennis thing on at the Adventist Church that I go to??? Sorry, but this table tennis thread just brought back so many wonderful memories I had with my friends at the Baptist Church---and things will never be the same again---hopefully it will be better.... I have to get these tears out of my eyes. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Members phkrause Posted April 21, 2009 Members Posted April 21, 2009 At my church we have a few tables and play table tennis. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 Ellen White spoke strongly against tennis. Perhaps that is why many of our churches don't have table tennis. I don't know if table tennis has the same taboo from her as regular tennis but it may influence the lack of it in SDA circles. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 21, 2009 Members Posted April 21, 2009 Again I think this is out of context Redwood, and you of all people. Shame on you. I believe the reason is because at that time where the playing of table tennis was being held. In places of ill repute. Just like playing pool and going the theater. Unless her meaning had to do with competition, that obviously would not be any different today as it was than. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 My understanding ... correct me if I am wrong ... is that her concern was the competition. After all ... she condemned tennis being played in our schools. (Hardly a place of ill repute.) However .... from watching this clip ... there obviously ain't no competition in table tennis. Ha Ha. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted April 21, 2009 Author Posted April 21, 2009 Quote: HAHAHAHAHA HEHEHEHEHEHE HOHOHOHOHOHO Hey dgrimm ... I meant to say that but this time ... I just abbreviated it to Ha Ha. Ha Ha Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 21, 2009 Members Posted April 21, 2009 That's why I mentioned that she could be refuring to competition. And as you say tennis is an out door sport. Do you know where that reference is about tennis. I'd like to see what the context is. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 22, 2009 Author Posted April 22, 2009 Here's one. I am sure there are more: Quote: "In the night season I was a witness to the performance that was carried on on the school grounds. The students who engaged in the grotesque mimicry that was seen, acted out the mind of the enemy, some in a very unbecoming manner. A view of things was presented before me in which the students were playing games of tennis and cricket. Then I was given instruction regarding the character of these amusements. They were presented to me as a species of idolatry, like the idols of the nations." Ellen White CT 350 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 22, 2009 Members Posted April 22, 2009 What does CT stand for Redwood? Thanks pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 22, 2009 Author Posted April 22, 2009 Counsels to parents and teachers pk. Sorry I am too lazy to always write them out. Feel free to ask as you have. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted April 24 Members Posted April 24 Ping-pong prodigy GIF: Sony AI A paddle-wielding robot is so adept at playing table tennis that it's posing a tough challenge to elite human players and sometimes defeating them, according to a new study that shows how advances in artificial intelligence are making robots more agile. Sony built a robotic arm it calls Ace and pitted it against professional athletes. Ace competes using nine camera eyes positioned around the court and an uncanny ability to follow the ball's logo to measure its spin. Why it matters: Sony says it's the "first time a robot has achieved human, expert-level play in a commonly played competitive sport in the physical world — a longstanding milestone for AI and robotics research." Go deeper … Sony's announcement … More footage. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.