Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Famous Last Words...


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

While researching Pistol Pete Maravich I thought upon his last words.

Remember he died suddenly while playing a game of basketball. James Dobson was in attendance.

He said, less than a minute before being stricken and dying:

"I feel great!"

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

Pistol Pete was a great basketball player. One of the best. Too bad his life was cut short.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Members
Posted

Good thought dgrimm. Did you know that I was given that same nickname, "Pistol Pete", from my friends? Well now you do. Yes he lived a wild life of very bad eating habits. Than he changed and became very health minded. But his body couldn't recover from that I guess. There was a runner who also had the same thing happen to him. He wrote a book how his new healthy life style was great and that he now was really healthy and than he also died of a heart attack, I think he was only 40.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

I was kind of thinking the opposite, Dgrimm, like here you are feeling good, doing something you love and then the next voice you hear will be Jesus' during the resurrection. That's kind of a great way to go isn't it?

P.S. I was talking about "us" in general and not about "this" particular person.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

  • Administrators
Posted

Good thought dgrimm. Did you know that I was given that same nickname, "Pistol Pete", from my friends? Well now you do. Yes he lived a wild life of very bad eating habits. Than he changed and became very health minded. But his body couldn't recover from that I guess. There was a runner who also had the same thing happen to him. He wrote a book how his new healthy life style was great and that he now was really healthy and than he also died of a heart attack, I think he was only 40.

Actually his death was due to a congenital heart condition. Something was wrong with an artery or something.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Members
Posted

Actually Gail I meant the other person that died at the age of 40. I just realized that so did pistol pete.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • Members
Posted

What dgrimm you trying to be funny. haha hehe hoho hoho hehe haha

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...