Outta Here Posted May 15, 2009 Posted May 15, 2009 Whom shall we worship Jesus, God the Father, or the Holy Spirit? Or is is possibly a combination of these three?? Just a question. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted May 15, 2009 Members Posted May 15, 2009 I tend to worship all three. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Administrators Gail Posted May 15, 2009 Administrators Posted May 15, 2009 Great question! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Outta Here Posted May 16, 2009 Author Posted May 16, 2009 rudywoofs, thanks for your response! I have always lent myself to worshipping Jesus and the Father--but never the Holy Spirit. I'm curious to know what others believe--or what they do, rather. The question "To Whom do you pray?" has been asked here before, and this is similar to that question, but essentially it could be considered entirely different. Anyone else? Whom do you believe we shall worship? Quote
olger Posted May 16, 2009 Posted May 16, 2009 The three are one. So all three is a reasonable answer. `oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Outta Here Posted May 16, 2009 Author Posted May 16, 2009 So, are you also saying that you worship all three? Or are you saying you worship One? Do you ever make a distinction between which aspects of One in your worship? I'm not questioning the reasonableness of anyone's choice here. Just wondering what people do. Quote
olger Posted May 16, 2009 Posted May 16, 2009 I speak to Jesus in prayer, based on His statement in John 17:23. Or.. In John 16:23 we can speak to the Father. That's probably more confusing.. sorry. Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Moderators Gerr Posted May 16, 2009 Moderators Posted May 16, 2009 Whom shall we worship Jesus, God the Father, or the Holy Spirit? Or is is possibly a combination of these three?? Just a question. Are they all God? Quote
Planey Posted May 16, 2009 Posted May 16, 2009 Yes, they are all God. But I gather that wasn't what Aubrey was asking. Her question was "who shall we worship?" Now I'm not sure what she means by "shall". That would mean "in the future", but are we considering when we are in heaven or when we know the answer to "Who should we worship?" Now I can't answer either of those questions. The only question I can answer is like the one about "Who do you pray to?" mentioned earlier. For me the answer is the same as many people would answer: I mostly pray to Jesus or God the Father, and almost never to the Holy Spirit. Couldn't really tell you why. When I think about it some more, it seems my more formal prayers (such as public prayers) are directed to the Father while the more personal, intimate prayers are directed to the Son. That's my personal experience. I'm not recommendimg that you all should do the same. Graeme Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members phkrause Posted May 16, 2009 Members Posted May 16, 2009 I usually pray to the Father, asking in the name of his son Jesus. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stewart (SDA) Posted May 21, 2009 Posted May 21, 2009 Who should we, as Christians, worship? A thought that comes to mind for me is the interaction that occured between John and an angel -- Rev 22:8-9 "And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel which showed me these things. Then he said to me, See that you do not do that: for I am thy fellowservant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God." Just as the angel said, God only is worthy of worship. God should be worshiped by Christians. So I think it follows that if we accept that the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit all share the designation "God", then all three can (and should) be worshipped. (The definition I have of worship is -- to bow the will; to submit the will to something or somebody.) Stewart. Quote
Outta Here Posted May 21, 2009 Author Posted May 21, 2009 Did Jesus accept worship of Himself while He walked the earth in human form? Quote
Guest WilloMar Posted May 21, 2009 Posted May 21, 2009 Well, concerning Whom we should worship, Jesus said, "I and My Father are One." John 10:30. And, "...he that hath seen Me hath seen the Father..." John 14:9. Since the Sabbath says we should worship the Creator, Jesus, any other kind of Worship is contrary to the Creator, which is the worshiping the destroyer. Prepare for the Creator's return! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.