Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118528/GOP-Losses-Span-Nearly-Demographic-Groups.aspx?CSTS=alert

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

It makes total sense. We are told that in the last days, the Holy Spirit will be withdrawn from the earth, the angels will cease holding back the 4 winds. What will be the result? No more contending with man for justice, mercy, longsuffering, etc.

Coincidence? No such thing.

(in the next presidential election, the conservative candidate will only receive 144,000 votes)

oooops.... aw, Rats! Now I have to apologize again.

Posted

It makes total sense. We are told that in the last days, the Holy Spirit will be withdrawn from the earth, the angels will cease holding back the 4 winds. What will be the result? No more contending with man for justice, mercy, longsuffering, etc.

Coincidence? No such thing.

(in the next presidential election, the conservative candidate will only receive 144,000 votes)

oooops.... aw, Rats! Now I have to apologize again.

I think that the last poll I read indicated that over 50% want a form of socialism. One that pays higher education,medical etc.

I think we will end up with it. For end time events to take place there has to be governmental controls.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted

For end time events to take place there has to be governmental controls.

From my (limited) knowlegde of American politics, I understand that the Republican party stand for a minimal level of governmental control while the Democrat party would wish to impose more control by government in fay-to-day activities.

It seems to me that this was the reasoning behind your statement here, Bonnie, rather than timewarp's suggestion that the Republican's are in some way more inherently righteous than the Democrats.

Graeme

Graeme

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted

Originally Posted By: bonnie
For end time events to take place there has to be governmental controls.

From my (limited) knowlegde of American politics, I understand that the Republican party stand for a minimal level of governmental control while the Democrat party would wish to impose more control by government in fay-to-day activities.

It seems to me that this was the reasoning behind your statement here, Bonnie, rather than timewarp's suggestion that the Republican's are in some way more inherently righteous than the Democrats.

Graeme

I guess I didn't take timewarps post that way.

The last line or two I think he was having a bit of fun.

As to my reasoning you are correct. End time events can not occur in a free and open society.

Most don't seem to agree as it apprears as some having to much invested in Obama to have concerns over what is going on.

Would you as a non-american see the danger and the erosion of our freedoms,I don't think so. That is neither bad nor good,only that you are comfortable living under a different system. The two systems may not be that different but I don't expect non-americans to view it as same as some americans.

I have always believed in the bible prophecy that gives us kind of a blueprint for what will happen.

It seemed far fetched even tho I believed it that in america a political power could channel anger and contempt at private citizens. I lost that silly notion when I saw how quickly Obama did just that. Even finding out that the innocence was a charade didn't make people pull back.

How easy it was. The time will come when we cannot buy or sell. Watch the economy here and how much government control is being taken of the american economy. To get millions of private businesses to refuse to sell to us would be very difficult. Not so when the government controls.

Government has fingers into the auto companies big time. Obama simply ignored the legitimate creditors,gave them nothing and now between the union,government and fiat,the private industry has lost.

The government wants our health care next. Want a good portion of some banks. Obama has refused any pay back on the stimulus money from banks but will take shares instead.

Unions have been losing clout for many years. Now their best friend is Obama. Infrastructure work that is being done with the stimulus money can only be bid on by union companies.

The list of issues is long and is getting more so each day.

Do I know the end times are right around the corner. Nope

But I do know what it is I see and how it meshes with what is predicted.

Is it next year,five years,10 years? I don't know what God means by soon. None of us do

When the time comes neither political party is going to look more righteous than the other one

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted

Originally Posted By: bonnie

For end time events to take place there has to be governmental controls.

From my (limited) knowlegde of American politics, I understand that the Republican party stand for a minimal level of governmental control while the Democrat party would wish to impose more control by government in fay-to-day activities.

It seems to me that this was the reasoning behind your statement here, Bonnie, rather than timewarp's suggestion that the Republican's are in some way more inherently righteous than the Democrats.

Graeme

  • Moderators
Posted

Quote:

That's the simple version, but there it is. So many want to equate the Republican party with Conservatives, but they are miles apart at the moment.

What party do leading American conservatives belong to? If they are so far a apart then they should leave the part. I laugh when Republicans begin to call themselves conservatives. It always seems to happen when things go bad. Cheney and Rush, are they conservatives or are they Republicans?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

My guess is that the Republican Party is going to track more Libertarian than it has been in the past. This will contrast it more with the Democratic Party which is tracking more socialist. Polls do not support the idea that Democrats won power based on their ideology. In fact, while Republican affiliation has been decreasing, more and more voters are identifying themselves as independents. Many did switch to registering in Democrats this past election so they could vote for either Clinton or Obama in the primary. In fact, Rush Limbaugh encouraged many of his listeners to do exactly that.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...