True-believer Posted July 27, 2009 Posted July 27, 2009 Ever since I left the SDA Church my life hasn't been going right, I am trying to find my place in the world and I am having trouble. I am trying to fit in with "sunday"--keeping churches and things are not working out, they keep insisting and believing in Eternal punishment and burning forever and ever with no stopping, and that I can not accept because it is NOT biblical. I am going to this Sabbath-keeping Catholic Church this Sabbath---because I have never heard of Catholic Churches keeping the Sabbath on Saturday but only on Sunday---so this will be very different. This Prayer Outreach Centre I posted on here last week will NOT go ahead, God is not leading us to go in this direction currently especially if the building is so run down and wrecked and the carparking is very shocking, and also we keep looking for one that meets all the God-requirements. Please pray for me that I find a good local fellowship/Church that I can call home and finally settle down and continue to do what God wants me to do. This will be all I say for now, until next time may God bless you all and please remember me in your prayers as I remember to also pray for each one on this forum. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Moderators John317 Posted July 27, 2009 Moderators Posted July 27, 2009 I am going to this Sabbath-keeping Catholic Church this Sabbath---because I have never heard of Catholic Churches keeping the Sabbath on Saturday but only on Sunday---so this will be very different. Most of my wife's family is Catholic. As dgrimm60 has already pointed out, most parish churches do celebrate the Sunday Mass also on Saturday evening. They've been doing that for years, ever since sometime in the 1970s. But that is not the same as "keeping the Sabbath on Saturday." That is not what they are doing. The fact that our lives have difficulties when we try to become Seventh-day Adventists, or even after we become Seventh-day Adventists, is no sign that it is not what God wants us to do. Remember Job's experience and remember what the Bible says about the devil. He is angry and he has come down as roaring lion seeking whom he can devour because he knows his time is short. God doesn't protect us from all problems. If God did, people would become Seventh-day Adventist for the wrong reason-- so they wouldn't have any problems, and that is a selfish reason. Also, the Bible says that it is through much suffering that we must enter the kingdom of God. Suffering and persecution purifies the "saints" and purifies the church. I'll be praying for you that you will stand strong for what you know to be right, and I solicit your prayers for me and my family for the same reason. This is the time for Seventh-day Adventists to draw together and pray and encourage each other. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted July 27, 2009 Posted July 27, 2009 Quote: I have never heard of Catholic Churches keeping the Sabbath on Saturday but only on Sunday---so this will be very different. I am curious as to what you mean by 'keeping'. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
jasd Posted July 27, 2009 Posted July 27, 2009 >>He is angry and he has come down as roaring lion seeking whom he can devour because he knows his time is short.<< That is very interesting, John317. Would you mind expositing the concept as to why you believe that that 'angry being' is no longer before the throne of Gd - accusing the brethren? It would also prove interesting to me if you would provide the time-frame which saw Satan cast down to become, as that roaring lion. True-believer, I think I recall someone in the above suggesting simply doing the right thing. Good suggestion. Moreover, you may want to study upon John317's post. Otherwise, good on top you that you will be making a difference for Gd's Kingdom. (there are always parks where you might consider meeting with your friends - nature and beauty are always conducive to good intentions and well-being) Quote
Members phkrause Posted July 28, 2009 Members Posted July 28, 2009 Well true-believer, praying for you goes without saying! I hope you know that. All on this forum are praying for you. As far as I know the catholic church knows when the sabbath is, saturday, but they keep sunday not as the sabbath but as the day that Jesus was resurrected. I hope you find your niche. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
True-believer Posted July 28, 2009 Author Posted July 28, 2009 Ok, this Sabbath-keeping Catholic Church I was telling you all about does meet every Sabbath--on Saturday morning at 8:30am in a community hall on Bartley Terrace, Westlakes, SA Australia. In the same community hall on Sunday morning at 10am meets The Uniting Church. The Catholic Church is starting to keep Saturday Sabbath morning worship services, this is really fantastic news, Praise God. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Stan Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 TB Going to Church is not keeping the sabbath. It is a day of rest. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
True-believer Posted July 28, 2009 Author Posted July 28, 2009 TB Going to Church is not keeping the sabbath. It is a day of rest. I know that Stan, it very clearly states it is a day of rest. Quote Luke 4:19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Richard Holbrook Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 But that is not the same as "keeping the Sabbath on Saturday." That is not what they are doing. The fact that our lives have difficulties when we try to become Seventh-day Adventists, or even after we become Seventh-day Adventists, is no sign that it is not what God wants us to do. Remember Job's experience and remember what the Bible says about the devil. He is angry and he has come down as roaring lion seeking whom he can devour because he knows his time is short. God doesn't protect us from all problems. If God did, people would become Seventh-day Adventist for the wrong reason-- so they wouldn't have any problems, and that is a selfish reason. Also, the Bible says that it is through much suffering that we must enter the kingdom of God. Suffering and persecution purifies the "saints" and purifies the church. I'll be praying for you that you will stand strong for what you know to be right, and I solicit your prayers for me and my family for the same reason. This is the time for Seventh-day Adventists to draw together and pray and encourage each other. Amen Quote
Woody Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Quote: This is the time for Seventh-day Adventists to draw together and pray and encourage each other. What if they disagree on the meaning of the 144,000 for instance. Should we still unite for the common good? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted July 28, 2009 Moderators Posted July 28, 2009 Quote: This is the time for Seventh-day Adventists to draw together and pray and encourage each other. What if they disagree on the meaning of the 144,000 for instance. Should we still unite for the common good? Whether or not people agree on the details of the doctrines shouldn't having anything to do with whether Adventists come together in prayer and fellowship in the Holy Spirit. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Woody Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.