Stan Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 if something is streaming at 128 bits per second, how much bandwidth is used per month in Gigs? If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Neil D Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 an awful lot........probably more along the numberical lines of "OMG, that's an awful lot." Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Stan Posted November 15, 2009 Author Posted November 15, 2009 What are the calculations for that, when we did it before we came up with under 1 gig per month, have not been able to duplicate that 128 * 60 * 60 *24 * 31 /1024/1024 or is it 8 bits to a byte, 1024 byte to a kilobyte, 1024 K to a gig? If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Neil D Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 This is just a guess, but try this number- 326.953125 where 60*60*24*31*128/1024*1024 Like I said, it's a guess..... Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Outta Here Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Nevermind the previous answer. The answer you're looking for is 42.85 GigaBytes per month. 128*1000*60*60*24*31/1000000000/8
Neil D Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 (Husband) You mean, Aubrey, that your hubby did this....and this information comes via you by your hubby??? Shoot, get that man on board here......Register that bum! Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Outta Here Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 He's not a bum. He is already registered.
Members phkrause Posted November 15, 2009 Members Posted November 15, 2009 Neil has such a way with words Aubrey, the rest of us always have to apologize for him all the time. pk phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Outta Here Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Just wanted to clarify that he's not a bum, but a hard-working man with a lot of other demands on his time. He is registered here, but very rarely finds time to post. I asked him for the answer to Stan's question as it's part of what he does for a living. He told me the right answer the first time, but I forgot to punch in two of the numbers. Anyway, the correct answer is as is posted above.
Members phkrause Posted November 15, 2009 Members Posted November 15, 2009 Tell him thanks for us. pk phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stan Posted November 15, 2009 Author Posted November 15, 2009 you were right it is 128 kps I so appreciate this... If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Neil D Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 He's not a bum. He is already registered. You mean, He's a registered bum???? Well, don't that beat all...... [PS Aubrey, teasing is allowed here......and we are teasing.] Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Neil D Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Just wanted to clarify that he's not a bum, but a hard-working man with a lot of other demands on his time. He is registered here, but very rarely finds time to post. I asked him for the answer to Stan's question as it's part of what he does for a living. He told me the right answer the first time, but I forgot to punch in two of the numbers. Anyway, the correct answer is as is posted above. AWWWWWWWWW.....I liked that idea of making him a 'registered bum'....now you made him all responsible and domesticated... OOoooh well....at least you got a good deal when you said "I do".....[wheels beginging to turn]......hmmmmmmmmmmm...or did HE get a good deal when you said "I do"....? Just a bit of teasing...just a bit.......teensy bit.....really teensy bit...... [edging closer to the nearest exit] Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Neil has such a way with words Aubrey, the rest of us always have to apologize for him all the time. pk Yes. Let me add my apologizes for him also. If you like his ways ... you can join his own personal forum. May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Quote: [PS Aubrey, teasing is allowed here......and we are teasing.] Who is the 'we' ? Calling people names is against the rules of this forum. I want to know who else did this. So, please tell me who the 'we' is. May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted November 15, 2009 Posted November 15, 2009 Quote: [edging closer to the nearest exit] Thank Heavens. May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Stan Posted November 15, 2009 Author Posted November 15, 2009 STOP IT.. If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Gail Posted November 16, 2009 Administrators Posted November 16, 2009 I second that. I will even go farther and shut down this discussion. Aubrey, I am sorry for the words directed at you and your husband. There indeed was no call for them. Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Recommended Posts