Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 20, 2009 Administrators Posted November 20, 2009 "> " type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members phkrause Posted November 21, 2009 Members Posted November 21, 2009 That was really beautiful Tom. I guess the Spencerville Church is your home Church? If it is say hi to Pastor Moe and his wonderful wife Jane. They were the Pastors at the college church for many years. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 21, 2009 Author Administrators Posted November 21, 2009 Yes. The whole concert was wonderful. I will pass on greetings to Pastor Moe and Jane. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members phkrause Posted November 21, 2009 Members Posted November 21, 2009 Thanks Tom. They are the best. pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 22, 2009 Author Administrators Posted November 22, 2009 No they aren't members at Spencerville. Although, we have a number of very fine professional musicians that are members and excellent music for the church service, the Evensong series typically feature very accomplished professional classical musicians from beyond our inhouse pool of talent. Although, Mark Wiley, our minister of music and organist does typically do an organ concert as part of the series. This afternoon was classical pianist, Jay DeWire. He played one selection each from Bach, Beethoven, Chapin, Ravel and Liszt. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 22, 2009 Author Administrators Posted November 22, 2009 And warm greetings in return from Pastor Moe and Jane! By coincidence they sat right in front of me at Evensong this afternoon. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Stan Posted November 22, 2009 Posted November 22, 2009 Tom, It was once mentioned by a mutual friend, Mark Kellner, that Bach might be considered contemporary music there, and even that might be pushing it. It is nice to see humour coming out of the mother ship at times. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com Â
Members phkrause Posted November 22, 2009 Members Posted November 22, 2009 Excellent Tom, looks like God was making sure that you didn't forget. Thanks again pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
olger Posted November 22, 2009 Posted November 22, 2009 I was at your church in Sept. 2007. Sorry to see Roland Hegsted's missing memory. Ed Zinke is a friend of mine - know him? regards, g Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 22, 2009 Author Administrators Posted November 22, 2009 Yep! God knows me quite well... Now let me see if I can remember what else I was going to do... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted November 23, 2009 Author Administrators Posted November 23, 2009 Of course. Ed and Ann Zinke are good folk and longstanding pillars of Spencerville. So are his brother and sister-in-law Dan and Jennifer Zinke, both of whom were in the choir before they just had to move to NC. And I sat just in front of Roland and his wife Stella a few weeks ago when my daughter and one of her good friends ( a grand-niece of Roland and Stella) were baptized. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
olger Posted November 23, 2009 Posted November 23, 2009 Great. Feel bad for Roland's family as they deal with his dementia. g Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.