Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Favorite Childhood Church Memories


Recommended Posts

Posted

In this thread I would like to hear about one or two of your favorite childhood memories growing up in the church. Perhaps something that happened in church school, Pathfinders, ingathering, Christmas caroling, a music concert or a play.

I have many fond memories but one that stands out is going out with the Pathfinders and selling these wax castles with candles in the middle. We went door to door. We were living in Longmount Colorado at the time and there was snow on the ground. When we got back to the church they had hot apple cider and snacks waiting for us.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Getting to go to Disneyland if I got $100 for Ingathering each year.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Running up and down the aisle when my brother was baptized in the Lutheran church, shouting, "That's my Jechy!"

Burning my thumb at the Presbyterian church the day I got to play the guitar and sing "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands".

Midnight communion with a friend's Lutheran youth group.

Skipping the all night lock-in with the Nazarenes and driving around downtown with my best friend instead.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...