Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

My Muslim friend is celebrating Eid al-Adha today. It is a day that celebrates the time when Abraham went to sacrifice his son.

I asked my friend if he knew the significance of the sacrifice. He said, No. I told him that it was a promise from God to Abraham that God would send HIS son as a sacrifice for the world. The name of the place was called "God Will Provide". As the Muslims donate sascrficial meat to the poor, they are being reminded that God Will Provide for them, too.

I think he believes that it was Ishmael that was taken to the moutain by Abraham, but I asked him if he has the books of Moses. Ishmael was already sent away from Abraham's house by theat time, with God's blessing. It seems that the accounts are different from me to him, but that's okay. He is open to my side and I thank God for every crack I have :)

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

I was looking for the "like" button, and realized this wasn't facebook. This is very nice Gail. :)

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...