SivartM Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 Today I saw millions of elaborate sculptures from afar, each one totally different from anything that has ever existed before or will exist in the future. Complex, beautiful works of art, the vast majority of which will never be seen by anyone but their Creator. Their Creator seems to enjoy creating things regardless of whether or not anyone else will ever see it. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
karl Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 Beware of flaky snowflakes. There is only a certain way water molecules can fit together and when they freeze what comes out is that they are almost always in a six-cornered shape, even at the tiniest molecular scale. Water molecules occasionally form ice crystals with three or 12 sides — either half or double the usual number — but never five or eight. A recent ad on the Web site of the scientific journal "Nature" featured an unscientific snowflake, one with eight sides, which started a "flurry" of discussion. The ad was titled: "For anyone who loves science." But all the snow crystals depicted in that advertisement were octagonal. A German scientist who is an authority on snowflakes responded with a letter that offered a sort of snowflake manifesto. It called for a campaign to melt away faux flakes. And it asked people to spend part of their holidays discussing the true beauty of science. Sounds like a good Sabbath afternoon activity. God is not only good - He is amazing Quote
Woody Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 Quote: "Beware of flaky snowflakes." This may be a feckless attempt at reason ... but what is a "non-flaky snowflake? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 9, 2010 Members Posted January 9, 2010 Quote: "Beware of flaky snowflakes." This may be a feckless attempt at reason ... but what is a "non-flaky snowflake? Redwood you ask such non-flaky flaky questions... pk Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 Thanks (I think) pk. I try. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
karl Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 Quote: "Beware of flaky snowflakes." This may be a feckless attempt at reason ... but what is a "non-flaky snowflake? I love it! Quote
Stan Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 am going to go check out all the snowflakes.. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
olger Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 I saw two EXACTLY alike a few minutes ago... Hey where did they go..? Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
karl Posted January 9, 2010 Posted January 9, 2010 I saw two EXACTLY alike a few minutes ago... Where did they go..? They went out in the trash. They were on the KMart Christmas ad. Quote
Woody Posted January 10, 2010 Posted January 10, 2010 All I can say is that I have enough snowflakes around here ... and whether they all have flakes or not ... I don't care much for them. And this sure is a flakey discussion. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.