Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Ever wonder why no one has been able to make this happen?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Quote:
Matthew 21:21

Jesus answered them, I assure you, if you have

faith and do not doubt, you shall not merely do what happened

to the fig tree, but if you say to this mountain, "Be lifted

and thrown into the sea," it will happen.

Berkeley

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

  • Members
Posted

It won't ever happen. Nobody has enough faith or has no doubts. Even the disciples couldn't do it. Or if they could, they didn't do it.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

Quote:
Matthew 21:21

Jesus answered them, I assure you, if you have

faith and do not doubt, you shall not merely do what happened

to the fig tree, but if you say to this mountain, "Be lifted

and thrown into the sea," it will happen.

Berkeley

So far, God's will has not been for any mountain to be cast into the sea. If and when a person's faith is that God wants a mountain cast into the sea and he commands, in the name of God that it be lifted and thrown into the sea, I have no doubt that it will occur.

There may very well come a time when this will happen. It is true that it hasn't happened yet, but Jesus said it and I don't remember Him wasting His breath too much.

  • Members
Posted

What would be the point to making this actually happen? I think Jesus was speaking metaphorically.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

  • Members
Posted

There are quite a few things Jesus said that are not doable. For instance, "Be ye perfect as I am perfect" This created the Holy Flesh movement at the beginning of the 20th century which EGW strongly condemned.

We need more training in how to read the Bible not only for spiritual guidance and direction but as a work of literature and one that has gone through quite a few translations to boot! That's why our seminarians are taught Biblical Hebrew and Greek.

Two literary critics who have written extensively on the Bible and its themes are Harold Bloom and Northrup Frye. As an aside, I'd like to mention that Bloom has put the whole of Paradise Lost to memory. Has anyone evr memorized the whole Bible? There are Muslims who have memorized the whole Koran.

Sorry for drifting off the immediate topic.

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

 

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

  • Members
Posted

Quote:
Matthew 21:21

Jesus answered them, I assure you, if you have

faith and do not doubt, you shall not merely do what happened

to the fig tree, but if you say to this mountain, "Be lifted

and thrown into the sea," it will happen.

Berkeley

I'm in agreement with dgrimm, I think there is still a little but of doubt in us, at least in me.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I agree with pkrause

there is no try

  • Members
Posted

I'm in agreement with dgrimm, I think there is still a little but of doubt in us, at least in me.

pk

By the way all that "but" should have been a "bit". Just notice that.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

I don't think I've ever had a dobut.

rollingsmile And I agree!

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Sorry for drifting off the immediate topic.

Alex

offtopic But the subject is well placed and needs a strong response. And the reason (I believe)there are some 2,000 different Christian

denominations in the world today, among other things, is a direct result of the experts concluding they are more capable of knowing what the Word really means, than just the ordinary deficient human beings who believe Jesus is fully capable of teaching His will to those who only spend time with His Word and ask for His Spirit to teach them.

" “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven."Matthew 18:3 NKJV backtopic

Joy!! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

Posted

Originally Posted By: pkrause

I'm in agreement with dgrimm, I think there is still a little but of doubt in us, at least in me.

pk

By the way all that "but" should have been a "bit". Just notice that.

pk

I'm satisfied when the need presents itself, that a mountain be moved all at once into the sea, there is plenty of faith to see it occur. As to smaller mountains weighing only 455 tons, it already has happened and is happening probably hundreds of times daily. The "mountains" just happen to be called "747 jets".

Sometimes it's hard to see the forest for the trees.

Joy! peace

Lift Jesus up!!

  • Moderators
Posted

Alex, you mentioned that devout Muslims have memorized the entire Qur'an. I understand it is about the size of the New Testament, and I have heard of a number of Christians who have memorized the New Testament in addition to portions of the OT.

Stan, how can any of us be sure about that mountain? It may have happened, and CNN was not there to report it.

LD

LD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...