Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Should we be doing this???


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=11219

Seems unethical to me. What do you think?

Alex

I wonder what happens when people start to drop off left and right? Than someone will come out against it.

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

That is shameful.

Catherine

God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26.

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis

Posted

There are always two sides to the story. (By the way, the study was finished 8 or 9 years ago.)

The hospital’s institutional review board, which oversees clinical trials, concluded that participants would face minimal risk. Researchers said the perchlorate doses being given in the study are about 100 times lower than those given to people who are prescribed perchlorate for thyroid illnesses.

Dr. Anthony Firek, the study’s principal investigator, said the dosages are also lower than those given in a study published earlier this year by Harvard University. Nine men received 10 milligrams of perchlorate daily in that study.

Loma Linda researchers are giving participants doses ranging from a half-milligram to three milligrams. Half of the participants get placebos.

Doses Exceed Drinking Water Limits

But the daily doses in the Loma Linda study are still up to 83 times higher than drinking-water limits for perchlorate recommended by California’s Department of Health Services.

Dr. William Saukel, chairman of Loma Linda’s review board, said the study likely will produce information beneficial to the population as a whole.

Researchers hope to eventually enroll 100 people who each will be paid $1,000 for seven months of participation.

Participants are informed of the risks of the research, which include bone marrow suppression, lessening of white and red blood cell counts and thyroid problems.

A study published this year [2001] shows that infants in the Lake Mead area of Arizona -- where water contains perchlorate -- are born with altered thyroid function. But other studies, in perchlorate-contaminated areas of Las Vegas and Chile, have shown no such effects.

The volunteers in the Loma Linda experiment are undergoing extensive medical testing to ensure that they face no threats while participating in the study. The examinations include monthly tests to measure their thyroid, liver, and kidney function.

Posted

I'd do it. For $5,000. I would just put the dose to me cheek and let it drip off me if I was being watched. If not, I just wouldn't drink it. Or I can use one of my special tricks, I pretend I am hot and the pull my shirt collar out as if to let air come in, at that moment I lean back and either put it to my cheek and let it drip fast down my shirt or just stick it in my collar once i am done pretending I drank it. tongue

k3ur8n.gif
  • Members
Posted

I'd do it. For $5,000. I would just put the dose to me cheek and let it drip off me if I was being watched. If not, I just wouldn't drink it. Or I can use one of my special tricks, I pretend I am hot and the pull my shirt collar out as if to let air come in, at that moment I lean back and either put it to my cheek and let it drip fast down my shirt or just stick it in my collar once i am done pretending I drank it. tongue

Shameful Cosmin, shameful! :)

pk

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...