skyblue888 Posted March 3, 2010 Posted March 3, 2010 Lord, today, as in every day, I present my case before You as an erring, helpless, and condemned sinner, trusting wholly in the merits of a sin-pardoning Saviour that Your will may be done in me as it is done in Heaven, being clothed with the robe of Christ's righteousness. In other words, O my God, through the merits of Jesus, I receive your commandments, not merely written with ink, and therefore lifeless, but as Your voice speaking to me from Heaven in promise of the Spirit for "All Your commandments are righteousness." Psalm 119:172; John 6:63,68. The words that proceed out of Your mouth are full of Your righteousness, of Your right doing. So, as I rest in the merits of Jesus, I receive Your commandments as promises of righteousness, for, proceeding out of Your mouth, all Your commandments impart power, they beget life, even a new life in Christ Jesus, as You have said, "All the words of My mouth are with righteousness." Prov.8:8. "I the Lord speak righteousness." Isaiah 45:19. "The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness." Isaiah 45:23. Therefore I claim Your promise that as I rely solely upon the merits of my Redeemer for my acceptance with You, Your will, as expressed in the law of Your mouth, will be done in me on this earth as it is done in Heaven for, received from Your mouth, Your word is all-powerful to fulfill every jot and tittle of what is expressed in that word. "Bless the Lord, you His angels, who execel in strength, who do His will, hearkening unto the Voice of His Word." Psalm 103:20. O God, thank you that through the all-sufficient merits of Christ I may hear Your voice speaking to my soul through the law of Your mouth that the Spirit may be imparted to me to work in me both to will and to do Your good pleasure. May the words of Your mouth, which are full of Your righteousness, work in us mightily that Your work on earth may be finished and cut short in righteousness. May this be our prayer today, as we hang our helpless souls upon the merits of Jesus and upon the merits of Jesus alone. Amen! "Receive, I pray thee, the law from His mouth." Job 22:22. "The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of shekels of gold and sliver." Psalm 119:72,50,92,93. Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 3, 2010 Members Posted March 3, 2010 How is this a theological topic? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
skyblue888 Posted March 3, 2010 Author Posted March 3, 2010 In my humble opinion, I believe there is more "theology" in that prayer than in all the books written by theologians since the beginning of time! sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Woody Posted March 3, 2010 Posted March 3, 2010 How is this a theological topic? Rudywoofs. This time I have to disagree with you. Anytime a post of sky's mentions 'the merits of Jesus' ... it's theology. Just count how many times the word 'merits' is in this post. So yes, this is theology. (one of the rare times that I will back up sky) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
WayneV Posted March 4, 2010 Posted March 4, 2010 Lord, today, as in every day, I present my case before You as an erring, helpless, and condemned sinner, trusting wholly in the merits of a sin-pardoning Saviour that Your will may be done in me as it is done in Heaven, being clothed with the robe of Christ's righteousness. In other words, O my God, through the merits of Jesus, I receive your commandments, not merely written with ink, and therefore lifeless, but as Your voice speaking to me from Heaven in promise of the Spirit for "All Your commandments are righteousness." Psalm 119:172; John 6:63,68. The words that proceed out of Your mouth are full of Your righteousness, of Your right doing. So, as I rest in the merits of Jesus, I receive Your commandments as promises of righteousness, for, proceeding out of Your mouth, all Your commandments impart power, they beget life, even a new life in Christ Jesus, as You have said, "All the words of My mouth are with righteousness." Prov.8:8. "I the Lord speak righteousness." Isaiah 45:19. "The word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness." Isaiah 45:23. Therefore I claim Your promise that as I rely solely upon the merits of my Redeemer for my acceptance with You, Your will, as expressed in the law of Your mouth, will be done in me on this earth as it is done in Heaven for, received from Your mouth, Your word is all-powerful to fulfill every jot and tittle of what is expressed in that word. "Bless the Lord, you His angels, who execel in strength, who do His will, hearkening unto the Voice of His Word." Psalm 103:20. O God, thank you that through the all-sufficient merits of Christ I may hear Your voice speaking to my soul through the law of Your mouth that the Spirit may be imparted to me to work in me both to will and to do Your good pleasure. May the words of Your mouth, which are full of Your righteousness, work in us mightily that Your work on earth may be finished and cut short in righteousness. May this be our prayer today, as we hang our helpless souls upon the merits of Jesus and upon the merits of Jesus alone. Amen! "Receive, I pray thee, the law from His mouth." Job 22:22. "The law of Your mouth is better to me than thousands of shekels of gold and sliver." Psalm 119:72,50,92,93. AMEN! Quote WayneV Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon: If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!
skyblue888 Posted March 4, 2010 Author Posted March 4, 2010 Praise the Lord, WayneV "The voice of rejoicing and salvation Is in the tents of the righteous; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly. The right hand of the LORD is exalted; The right hand of the LORD does valiantly. I shall not die, but live, And declare the works of the LORD. The LORD has chastened me severely, But He has not given me over to death. Open to me the gates of righteousness; I will go through them, And I will praise the LORD. This is the gate of the LORD, Through which the righteous shall enter." Psalm 118:15-19. What are these gates of righteousness? "All Your commandments are righteousness." Psalm 119:172. "All the words of Your mouth are with righteousness." Proverbs 8:8. "The Word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness." Isaiah 45:23. "I the Lord speak righteusness." Isaiah 45;19. In other words, "In every command and in every promise of the word of God is the power, the very life of God by which the command may be fulfilled and the promise realized. He who by faith receives the word is receiving the very life and character of God." Christ's Object Lessons, p.38. To receive the word in faith is to receive it as proceeding out of the mouth of God. Then we enter into the very gates of righteousness. Then the Word imparts power, it begets life, even the very life of the Infinite One and it transforms the nature and re-creates the soul in the image of God. At Sinai, by virtue of the merits of His great sacrifice to come, Christ spoke the ten words of righteousness. If the people had looked to Him and accepted His merits, which it was their privilege to claim, and if they had hearkened unto the voice of His word, it is said that their peace would have been as a river and their righteousness as the waves of the sea. See Isaiah 48:18. Thus they would have entered into the very gates of righteousness. But they were afraid of the voice and asked that Moses speak to them instead. Today, we may look to Christ and accept His merits, which it is our privilege to claim, and we may hearken unto the Voice speaking to us from Heaven. "That law of ten precepts, of the greatest love that can be presented to man, is the Voice of God from Heaven speaking to the soul in promise." E.G. White, Bible Commentary, Vol.1, p.1105. Accepted by the will, received into the soul, the Voice of God, speaking to us through the ten words, imparts power, it begets life, even the righteousness of Christ by which alone the demands of the law can be satisfied. This is the righteousness which is of God by faith, which is revealed upon all and unto all them that believe. And the life which is thus imparted, is in like manner sustained, by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God! Matt.4:4. sky "Righteousness is love and love is the light and the life of God," and "the life of God in the soul is man's only hope." M.B.18; M.H.115. Thus "Righteousness is right doing." C.O.L.312. It is God's right doing in and through us. "Righteousness is obedience to the law." Faith and Works, p.101. It is not our obedience--righteousness-- but "the obedience of Christ," (2 Cor.10:5) "the righteousness which is of God by faith." (Phil.3:9) Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 4, 2010 Members Posted March 4, 2010 Originally Posted By: rudywoofs How is this a theological topic? Rudywoofs. This time I have to disagree with you. Anytime a post of sky's mentions 'the merits of Jesus' ... it's theology. Just count how many times the word 'merits' is in this post. So yes, this is theology. (one of the rare times that I will back up sky) Redwood. I just thought that prayers belonged in the Prayer Topic section. That is all. Pray away. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
skyblue888 Posted March 4, 2010 Author Posted March 4, 2010 It is the teaching of righteousness by faith under the guise of "a prayer" Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 4, 2010 Members Posted March 4, 2010 Oh...okay. I'm all for righteousness by faith. My mom gave me a book about 25 years ago on Righteousness by Faith. I can't remember who wrote it...it was just a small book. Sons and Daughters of Christ, I think it was called. I wonder if I still have it. Must go look! Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
skyblue888 Posted March 5, 2010 Author Posted March 5, 2010 Sons and Daughters of God, you mean? I believe it is a devotional book by Mrs. White, right? sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 5, 2010 Members Posted March 5, 2010 No...it wasn't written by Mrs. White. I just called my mom. The book was called "The Life of Victory" by Meade Macguire. Circa 1924, and reprinted in the 1970's. Not really a devotional book. It explained Righteousness by Faith. The pastor we had at the time was very emphatic about his sermons and used that little book a lot. The book I think is now out of print. But it's very good. Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted March 5, 2010 Moderators Posted March 5, 2010 I do remember a devotional book several years ago entitled "Sons and Daughters of God" which was a compilation of Ellen White's writings published as a daily devotional book. The titles of those two books are similar, all right. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
skyblue888 Posted March 5, 2010 Author Posted March 5, 2010 Yes it is that book by Mrs. White. Did Meade McGuire write a book titled My Utmost For His Highest? sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted March 5, 2010 Members Posted March 5, 2010 No...My Utmost for His Highest was written by Oswald Chambers. I have that book too. :smile: Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
skyblue888 Posted March 5, 2010 Author Posted March 5, 2010 Oh yes, that's right, Oswald Chambers. I do remember now reading The Life of Victory by Meade McGuire long time ago. I do remember it to be a very interesting book. sky Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.