Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Sent to me via email.... may we have more of them


Recommended Posts

Posted

His name is Tim. He has wild hair, wears a

T-shirt with holes in it,

Jeans, and no shoes. This was literally his

Wardrobe for his entire

Four years of college.

He is brilliant. Kind of profound and very, very

Bright. He became a

Christian while attending college.

Across the street from the campus is a

Well-dressed, very conservative

Church. They want to develop a ministry to the

Students but are not

Sure how to go about it..

One day Tim decides to go there. He walks in

With no shoes, jeans, his

T-shirt, and wild hair. The service has already

Started and so Tim

Starts down the aisle looking for a seat..

The church is completely packed and he can't

Find a seat. By now,

People are really looking a bit uncomfortable,

But no one says

Anything.

Tim gets closer and closer and closer to the

Pulpit, and when he

Realizes there are no seats, he just squats down

Right on the carpet.

By now the people are really uptight, and the

Tension in the air is

Thick.

About this time, the minister realizes that from

Way at the back of the

Church, a deacon is slowly making his way toward

Tim.

Now the deacon is in his eighties, has

Silver-gray hair, and a

Three-piece suit. A godly man, very elegant,

Very dignified, very

Courtly. He walks with a cane and, as he starts

Walking toward this

Boy, everyone is saying to themselves that you

Can't blame him for what he's going to do.

How can you expect a man of his age and of his

Background to understand some college kid on the

Floor?

It takes a long time for the man to reach the boy.

The church is utterly silent except for the

Clicking of the man's cane.

All eyes are focused on him. You can't even hear

Anyone breathing. The minister can't even preach

The sermon until the deacon does what he has to

do.

And now they see this elderly man drop his cane

On the floor. With

Great difficulty, he lowers himself and sits

Down next to Tim and

Worships with him so he won't be alone.

Everyone chokes up with emotion...

When the minister gains control, he says,

'What I'm about to preach, you will never

Remember. What you have just seen, you will

Never forget.'

I asked the Lord to bless you

As I prayed for you today.

To guide you and protect you

As you go along your way....

His love is always with you,

His promises are true,

And when we give Him all our cares,

You know He will see us through.

GOD BLESS.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

 

Posted

that was beautiful!! may we all become Christians...

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Posted

It started off looking like another conservative bash piece. Then it took a nice twist.

  • Members
Posted

that was really good... I'm glad you posted it, Stan.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

I went into church one Sunday morning when I was living on the streets and was asked to leave. I was in shorts and a t-shirt and hadn't bathed in several days. I didn't even make it into their sanctuary. I didn't get past the foyer. I can't say I have been involved with any Adventist churches like that. We are normally so glad to get a visitor that we welcome them with open arms and invite them to stay for potluck or come home with us for dinner.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Many years ago in the Willowdale, Ontario church they had "MV meetings" on Sabbath afternoons. This particular afternoon the program was dedicated to 'sharing' and reflecting Jesus. During the program a "Hippie-type' character with long stringy hair and dirty mussed-up clothes came wandering in looking for a seat. It took him a long time to find one up near the front because people in the back and middle kept moving over to make the pew 'full' so he would not contaminate them by sitting alongside. After he had found a seat near the front and the program continued the program moderator looked down and said,"I see that we have a visitor that I don't recognize. I wonder if he would come up and tell us about himself'. He said, "OK", and went up on stage. After the moderator welcomed him she asked how friendly that he thought the church was. He said, "Not especially, people kept sliding over so I couldn't sit down. I don't call that especially friendly'. And then he reached up and took off his sister's long-hired wig... and removed his sunglasses. It was then that people recognized him as the assistant youth-leader of that church. I don't think that they will ever forget that lesson he taught them that day. Nuff sed

Posted

I was a member of a church in Minnesota that had the same skit. I think the youth just felt awkward and didn't know what to do. In contrast to that, down here in Texas we have had real homeless people come to our church and after the service we open the community service room and help them out with some food and clothing.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

  • Members
Posted

Many years ago in the Willowdale, Ontario church they had "MV meetings" on Sabbath afternoons. This particular afternoon the program was dedicated to 'sharing' and reflecting Jesus. During the program a "Hippie-type' character with long stringy hair and dirty mussed-up clothes came wandering in looking for a seat. It took him a long time to find one up near the front because people in the back and middle kept moving over to make the pew 'full' so he would not contaminate them by sitting alongside. After he had found a seat near the front and the program continued the program moderator looked down and said,"I see that we have a visitor that I don't recognize. I wonder if he would come up and tell us about himself'. He said, "OK", and went up on stage. After the moderator welcomed him she asked how friendly that he thought the church was. He said, "Not especially, people kept sliding over so I couldn't sit down. I don't call that especially friendly'. And then he reached up and took off his sister's long-hired wig... and removed his sunglasses. It was then that people recognized him as the assistant youth-leader of that church. I don't think that they will every forget that lesson he taught them that day. Nuff sed

thumbsup Excellent story nuff sed

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Sad but true...I was there.... nuff sed

Posted

I don't know what is sad about that story. It is a story of Adventist leadership teaching the youth how to treat the poor and down-trodden. What is sad about that?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

  • Members
Posted

I think 'nuff sed thought it was sad that the members hadn't let him sit beside them..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

Smart aleck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...