Guest Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 A friend of mine sent this to me yesterday, and I would like to know what you think. Subject : Dhimmitude - do you know what this means? (checked it out on snopes) http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=Dhi...-m=1&sp-s=0 Dhimmitude: I had never heard the word until now---Type it into Google and start reading. Pretty interesting. It's on page 107 of the healthcare bill. Word of the Day: Dhimmitude Dhimmitude is the Muslim system of controlling non-Muslim populations conquered through jihad. Specifically, it is the TAXING of non-Muslims in exchange for tolerating their presence AND as a coercive means of converting conquered remnants to Islam. The ObamaCare bill is the establishment of Dhimmitude and Sharia Muslim diktat in the United States . Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for being uninsured. Islam considers insurance to be "gambling", "risk-taking" and "usury" and is thus banned. Muslims are specifically granted exemption based on this. How convenient. So I, Ann Barnhardt, a Christian, will have crippling IRS liens placed against all of my assets, including real estate, cattle, and even accounts receivables, and will face hard prison time because I refuse to buy insurance or pay the penalty tax. Meanwhile, Louis Farrakhan will have no such penalty and will have 100% of his health needs paid for by the de facto government insurance. Non-Muslims will be paying a tax to subsidize Muslims. Period. This is Dhimmitude. Dhimmitude serves two purposes: it enriches the Muslim masters AND serves to drive conversions to Islam. In this case, the incentive to convert to Islam will be taken up by those in the inner-cities as well as the godless types who have no moral anchor. If you don't believe in Christ to begin with, it is no problem whatsoever to sell Him for 30 pieces of silver. "Sure, I'll be a Muslim if it means free health insurance and no taxes. Where do I sign, bro?" This is desperately important and people need to know about it - quickly. Quote
SivartM Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Er... the Snopes article you posted specifically said that most Muslims would probably not be exempt. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Guest Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Er....that is what was sent to me. Thank you for your quick comment. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted July 23, 2010 Members Posted July 23, 2010 ...most Muslims would probably not be exempt Key word = "probably" Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Moderators Nan Posted July 23, 2010 Moderators Posted July 23, 2010 I have quite a few (devout) Muslim patients who carry voluntary private health insurance. Quote
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted July 23, 2010 Members Posted July 23, 2010 I thought Australia had socialized medicine...maybe I was wrong? Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
GreatLakesGramma Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 I hope it also has a clause exempting the Amish from buying insurance, because it's against their religion too. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
SivartM Posted July 23, 2010 Posted July 23, 2010 Maybe everyone should read the Snopes article (which the people passing along this email obviously haven't, even though it was referenced): http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/exemptions.asp It specifically mentions possible implications for the Amish. Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Guest Posted July 24, 2010 Posted July 24, 2010 I hope it also has a clause exempting the Amish from buying insurance, because it's against their religion too. Ellen White spoke out against life insurance. I wonder how she felt about health insurance. I don't believe that makes it against our religion enough to be exempt though. I was shown that Sabbathkeeping Adventists should not engage in life insurance. This is a commerce with the world which God does not approve. Those who engage in this enterprise are uniting with the world, while God calls His people to come out from among them and to be separate. Said the angel: "Christ has purchased you by the sacrifice of His life. {1T 550} Life insurance is a worldly policy which leads our brethren who engage in it to depart from the simplicity and purity of the gospel. Every such departure weakens our faith and lessens our spirituality.{1T 550} Quote
SivartM Posted July 24, 2010 Posted July 24, 2010 http://biblicalresearch.gc.adventist.org/documents/Life%20Insurance.htm Quote "Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde�Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets." - Jesus
Moderators Bravus Posted July 24, 2010 Moderators Posted July 24, 2010 We're not in Kansas any more... Quote Truth is important
GreatLakesGramma Posted July 24, 2010 Posted July 24, 2010 Ellen White spoke out against life insurance. I wonder how she felt about health insurance. They didn't have medical insurance in her day. There wasn't much need for it back then. There were no expensive tests or equipment. And doctors weren't paid all that well either. But their treatments weren't effective either, and often were fatal. They gave people arsenic, mercury, and similar poisons as drugs. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members phkrause Posted July 24, 2010 Members Posted July 24, 2010 Ellen White spoke out against life insurance. I wonder how she felt about health insurance. I don't believe that makes it against our religion enough to be exempt though. I was shown that Sabbathkeeping Adventists should not engage in life insurance. This is a commerce with the world which God does not approve. Those who engage in this enterprise are uniting with the world, while God calls His people to come out from among them and to be separate. Said the angel: "Christ has purchased you by the sacrifice of His life. {1T 550} Life insurance is a worldly policy which leads our brethren who engage in it to depart from the simplicity and purity of the gospel. Every such departure weakens our faith and lessens our spirituality.{1T 550} Wow that's interesting! I knew a guy who worked at FFT when I worked for them, that told me he didn't have health insurance. He said that God was his insurance. I thought that was also interesting. The whole time I knew him, neither he or his wife ever got sick. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if he meant Life or Health insurance. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted July 24, 2010 Posted July 24, 2010 Even life insurance serves a different purpose now than it did back in those days. I don't feel that under current circumstances Sister White would speak against it as she did in her day. It's like what she said about bicycles. The principle was wasting huge amounts of money for a status symbol. That doesn't apply to bicycles today. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members phkrause Posted July 24, 2010 Members Posted July 24, 2010 Even life insurance serves a different purpose now than it did back in those days. I don't feel that under current circumstances Sister White would speak against it as she did in her day. It's like what she said about bicycles. The principle was wasting huge amounts of money for a status symbol. That doesn't apply to bicycles today. Good point Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.