ChildofChrist Posted August 14, 2010 Posted August 14, 2010 Might be a help to those who don't know the officer, to share his name? (I did notice the lapel jewelry.) Quote Wakan Tanka Kici Un ~~Child of Christ~~
Neil D Posted August 14, 2010 Posted August 14, 2010 Hey CoC...long time no see.... Come wonder around some more, wouldja? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Moderators Nan Posted August 14, 2010 Moderators Posted August 14, 2010 It is a good picture of you both, though it would have been better if the one on the left was holding a durian, and the one on the right, a jar of Marmite Quote
Overaged Posted August 14, 2010 Posted August 14, 2010 Hi Nan! These are strange-sounding foods indeed. I had never heard of them till now. Do you know if they are available in Canada or the USA? I just looked them up, and they sound worth trying? LOL; I just know that Safeway does not sell this stuff. Maybe Stan knows, since he eats it - or do you? Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Stan Posted August 14, 2010 Author Posted August 14, 2010 Don't be tricked into durian, marmite is great.. but....... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Overaged Posted August 14, 2010 Posted August 14, 2010 Well; my Word Web Dictionary defines "durian" as: Quote: "Huge fruit native to southeastern Asia 'smelling like Hell and tasting like Heaven'; seeds are roasted and eaten like nuts." Would I be better off eating icecream; or should I try to find some of this stuff? LOL Yikes! Where would I find it? Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Moderators Nan Posted August 14, 2010 Moderators Posted August 14, 2010 Hi Overaged....there was a discussion on durian a week or 2 back after I posted a picture of rambutan - another smaller tropical fruit with a hairy red skin. Rambutan is wonderful, durian is in a class of its own. 'Nuff sed used to live in Sarawak, Malaysia (where years ago he knew my husband) and I am not sure who polluted whom, but they both like durian. If you have not been brought up on it, I would definitely not go there! Initially in the mouth it feels OK, a pleasant texture but then the smell and the taste seem to link up and make (me anyway) want to gag. Marmite on the other hand is one of life's essentials. Blossom who is a small furry friend of Stan (see the thread in the photo section) likes it but he will not give her any. Quote
Overaged Posted August 14, 2010 Posted August 14, 2010 Wow...thanks for the info. That hairy fruit stuff looks dangerous...I guess the closest I ever got to it was Papaya, or Passion Fruit. I can't eat those because of the smell. LOL, when I was a kid we used to have these apple fights with little green apples about the size of Durian. But now that I googled an image of this Durian; I can't help but think that I missed out on a great opportunity! Durian would be a great substitute; but alas, I can find no one interested in apple fights these days!! Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Moderators LynnDel Posted August 14, 2010 Moderators Posted August 14, 2010 Originally Posted By: Stan Jensen good comeback 'nuff said... great!! And now may I enlighten you that my name is 'Nuff Sed not Nuff Said! (Sheesh... you'd think that after all these years......) Surely, after all these many years, you would know by now that Stan's brain moves too fast to notice small details such as spelling! Quote LD
Stan Posted August 15, 2010 Author Posted August 15, 2010 LynnDel is so kind and generous... Thank you my friend. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.