Administrators Gail Posted September 1, 2010 Administrators Posted September 1, 2010 I am just reviewing Mark Gungor's new "Manly Man" Mens' Conference DVD sets (there are 2). He says that if men do not surrender their sex drives and their attitudes towards money, they can not consider themselves consecrated Christians. The potential of the two subjects are SO predisposed to addiction and idolatry that this is why he considers this matter so seriously. Do you agree? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Gerr Posted September 1, 2010 Moderators Posted September 1, 2010 What? Surrender my sex drive and attitude to money?:) Quote
Woody Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 If we are going to lump addictions, sex, money and men together ... I don't think much of it. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted September 1, 2010 Author Administrators Posted September 1, 2010 He is a Christian marriage counsellor. He deals with this a LOT, and I think that is probably the impetus for including it in the conference. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 I have no doubt. But I don't think much of generalizations about ALL men. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members abelisle Posted September 1, 2010 Members Posted September 1, 2010 Last time I remembered, God invented sex and provided the sex drive that goes with it. If he(author) meant men must avoid getting addicted to sex, then I would agree. As for money, I think the same applies. Having enough to be happy is different that always wanting more money. Alex Quote We are our worst enemy - sad but true. http://abelisle.blogspot.com
Woody Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 Quote: If he(author) meant men must avoid getting addicted to sex, then I would agree. Define addicted. Is wanting it every day ... an addiction. What about every other day? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted September 1, 2010 Members Posted September 1, 2010 Woody we'll let you have every other day. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Twilight Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 We have to surrender everything to God. So He can return it purified... Quote The best wisdom is always second hand...
Administrators Gail Posted September 1, 2010 Author Administrators Posted September 1, 2010 Quote: If he(author) meant men must avoid getting addicted to sex, then I would agree. Define addicted. Is wanting it every day ... an addiction. What about every other day? One aspect is where the man prefers it over his own wife (which is a problem that couples come to Gungor regarding). I don't know, but as a Christian woman I would consider that adultery or... something. Perhaps it is included in the "fornication" folder that Jesus describes as a reason for divorce. Is there a problem with submitting ANY part of us to God? Seems to me that is the ONLY way to gain the victory over whatever besetting sins we struggle with. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted September 1, 2010 Author Administrators Posted September 1, 2010 And mammon... well- that's mammon! Jesus told us that none of us could hold Him first in our hearts if we are serving mammon. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted September 1, 2010 Author Administrators Posted September 1, 2010 Both to me seem way easier said than done! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Gerr Posted September 1, 2010 Moderators Posted September 1, 2010 What? Surrender my sex drive and attitude to money? Hmmmm. Have you reached sanctification by senility? Quote
Guest truthseeker007 Posted September 1, 2010 Posted September 1, 2010 I wanna share some new insights in this discussion. As some of you already know i was a sex-addict. Sometimes i needed about 30-40 orgasms in one day. The hormone responsible for sexdrive is DHT. DHT also causes hair loss. To stop hair loss i use finasteride which lowers the conversion of testosteron into DHT. Now my sex addiction is gone because i have got less DHT in my body. So the cause of my addiction was not spiritual but rather physical. The bible clearly says that the spirit and the flesh in a newborn Christian are constantly at war with each other. However has finasteride made me a good Christian? of course not, i am still the same person. I believe God knows exactly how to judge each heart, so i think that it is pointless to try to invent generalisations, though i understand that simplifying matters is human. God judges each heart. I don t think God will judge me differenly because now my hormones are in balance again. Quote
Members phkrause Posted September 1, 2010 Members Posted September 1, 2010 Interesting insights TS. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gerr Posted September 2, 2010 Moderators Posted September 2, 2010 Hmmmm. Have you reached sanctification by senility? The above was intended to be a reply to this Woody's post: Quote: If we are going to lump addictions, sex, money and men together ... I don't think much of it. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.