Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Or do leaders not sin? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted September 18, 2010 Members Posted September 18, 2010 Or do leaders not sin? Leaders sin all the time and lead after sinning too I bet. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Author Posted September 18, 2010 How do they lead? And what do they lead about? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted September 18, 2010 Members Posted September 18, 2010 How do they lead? And what do they lead about? When you say leaders, I guessed you meant Doug Batchelor, Neil Wilson, Shawn Boonstra, etc? How they lead? Not sure what you mean? Your pastor at your church, how does she lead? And does she not sin? We all sin. As far as shat do they lead about, you need to ask them! Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Author Posted September 18, 2010 Okay. I will stop beating around the bush. What I am saying is that leaders should lead by example. When anyone sins ... what should they do? That is what leaders need to lead in. They should not try to hide that they sin ... but they should be leading in what to do when one sins. What do you think? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted September 18, 2010 Members Posted September 18, 2010 Okay. I will stop beating around the bush. What I am saying is that leaders should lead by example. When anyone sins ... what should they do? That is what leaders need to lead in. They should not try to hide that they sin ... but they should be leading in what to do when one sins. What do you think? I agree with that. I believe that if a leader does things contrary to what they preach, speak, etc. They should resign from that position before they are caught. Most when they are caught than claim I'm sorry, but are they? Or are they only sorry that they got caught? But that is really for God to judge we can only speculate I guess. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Neil D Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Okay. I will stop beating around the bush. What I am saying is that leaders should lead by example. When anyone sins ... what should they do? That is what leaders need to lead in. They should not try to hide that they sin ... but they should be leading in what to do when one sins. What do you think? Different point of view...... Is this about God and His will or is it about man? I guess the real question in my mind is- How does this further God's cause? Quote Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve. George Bernard Shaw
Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Author Posted September 18, 2010 Pk ... I disagree with your agreeing with me. I don't believe in what you said. If we do that ... we end up with no leaders because they all sin. No ... resigning is not right. They need to openingly confess, apologize, make right their wrongs, and move forward in a positive way. I want a leader who frequently admits "I was wrong" or "I made a mistake" or "I failed" or "I sinned". It should be no big deal. If more members did this ... the work would move forward with more strength. And there would be less friction in our personal relationships at church and church ministries. Have you tried the liberating experience of putting your arm around a fellow believer and saying ... "I was wrong"? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Gerr Posted September 18, 2010 Moderators Posted September 18, 2010 Okay. I will stop beating around the bush. What I am saying is that leaders should lead by example. When anyone sins ... what should they do? That is what leaders need to lead in. They should not try to hide that they sin ... but they should be leading in what to do when one sins. What do you think? Were you not the one who said that you sin all the time and will continue to willfully sin until Jesus changes you at the second coming? If you can't stop doing that, why should you expect our leaders to be any different? Quote
Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Author Posted September 18, 2010 Like I stated ... our leaders are no different than us. We ALL sin and will continue to sin till Jesus comes. But our leaders need to be leaders in sinning. By that I mean they should lead in what one should do after sinning. Admit it. Openly Confess. Make right. Move on and get about the work God has before them. (Leading us) Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
GreatLakesGramma Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 I agree, Woody. A pastor apologized to me once, and I respect him more than most pastors I've known. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Moderators Gerr Posted September 18, 2010 Moderators Posted September 18, 2010 But how effective is the ministry of a fornicating, swindling, drug-dealing, gossiping pastor/leader? Quote
Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Author Posted September 18, 2010 But how effective is the ministry of a fornicating, swindling, drug-dealing, gossiping pastor/leader? The answer is a very simple one. VERY effective. FAR more effective than one who pretends to be holy and without sin. We ALL sin. We need leaders who will LEAD and show us what to do when we sin. A pastor who has done the things you list and who will admit and demonstrate and share what to do about it .... is a FAR more effective leader. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Woody Posted September 18, 2010 Author Posted September 18, 2010 I agree, Woody. A pastor apologized to me once, and I respect him more than most pastors I've known. Finally ... Some one who understands. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
GoLions Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 If it a sin of public nature, then the asking for forgiveness should be public, If it is on a more one to one problem, then that is where it should be taken care of. If it is more between you and God, then keep it there. But, we should confess our "faults" to our fellow people. Not specifics, because that will not help anyone, and could even cause someone else to think that if an Pastor has this problem then my problem is not so bad. When any problem is really 'that bad' and needs to be overcome. Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo But how effective is the ministry of a fornicating, swindling, drug-dealing, gossiping pastor/leader? The answer is a very simple one. VERY effective. FAR more effective than one who pretends to be holy and without sin. We ALL sin. We need leaders who will LEAD and show us what to do when we sin. A pastor who has done the things you list and who will admit and demonstrate and share what to do about it .... is a FAR more effective leader. That depends on whether he has repented of those sins, or is continuing in them. If he's still doing those things, he doesn't belong in the ministry. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Moderators Gerr Posted September 18, 2010 Moderators Posted September 18, 2010 Originally Posted By: Gerry Cabalo But how effective is the ministry of a fornicating, swindling, drug-dealing, gossiping pastor/leader? The answer is a very simple one. VERY effective. FAR more effective than one who pretends to be holy and without sin. We ALL sin. We need leaders who will LEAD and show us what to do when we sin. A pastor who has done the things you list and who will admit and demonstrate and share what to do about it .... is a FAR more effective leader. Well, where is Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and who was that pastor in Denver who was involved with a man? Compare them with Billy Graham, who, as far as I know, has never had a public scandal to stain his life. Quote
doug yowell Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Well, where is Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, and who was that pastor in Denver who was involved with a man? Compare them with Billy Graham, who, as far as I know, has never had a public scandal to stain his life. You might add to the list:E.J.Waggoner,Pastor Dan,Pastor Tammy,and a host of other leaders in our own church. You might also consider the effectiveness of David's ministry ("you have given occasion for the enemies of God to blaspheme")after his Uriah the Hittite debacle,or Hezekiah after the visitors from Babylon,or Moses and Aaron after striking the rock,or...Not quite the same even for the good guys! Quote
GreatLakesGramma Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Who are Pastor Dan and Pastor Tammy? Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
doug yowell Posted September 18, 2010 Posted September 18, 2010 Who are Pastor Dan and Pastor Tammy?Perhaps I should let Gerry answer that one. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted September 19, 2010 Moderators Posted September 19, 2010 The Dan I know was with the story hour as Uncle Dan. I heard him during our last Carolina Camp meeting. Still going strong. If Doug lives in SoCal, he should know more about Pastor Tammy . My understanding is that she ran off with one her parishioners. I hope I'm not guilty of gossiping. If she is the one, her ministry, as far as I know, is over. ( At least in the SDA church.) Quote
doug yowell Posted September 19, 2010 Posted September 19, 2010 The Dan I know was with the story hour as Uncle Dan. I heard him during our last Carolina Camp meeting. Still going strong.If Doug lives in SoCal, he should know more about Pastor Tammy . My understanding is that she ran off with one her parishioners. I hope I'm not guilty of gossiping. If she is the one, her ministry, as far as I know, is over. ( At least in the SDA church.) OK. Pastor Dan Simpson. Architect and engine of the Celebration Movement in Adventism.Pastor Tammy McGrew.Among the first of the first women head pastors in SECalifornia Conference and imitator of the Celebration agenda.They ran off with each other effectively ending both of their"ministries".I could name several pastors from the S.California area who's influence has evaporated since their various moral violations have been discovered.Those whose moral lapses were previous to their conversions have been shown to be among the most effective leaders for Christ. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted September 19, 2010 Moderators Posted September 19, 2010 Pastor Dan Simpson. Architect and engine of the Celebration Movement in Adventism.Pastor Tammy McGrew.Among the first of the first women head pastors in SECalifornia Conference and imitator of the Celebration agenda.They ran off with each other effectively ending both of their"ministries".I could name several pastors from the S.California area who's influence has evaporated since their various moral violations have been discovered.Those whose moral lapses were previous to their conversions have been shown to be among the most effective leaders for Christ. I'm really sad to hear this. When did this happen? I used to go sometimes to the Celebration church in Colton years ago-- not on a regular basis but to visit from time to time. Satan is after all of us and except for God's grace, we would all go the way these two evidently have gone. We should pray they'll genuinely repent and come back to Christ. Sounds like they gradually wandered away from Him. It can happen to anyone if we're not constantly listening to Him and obeying the truth. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Margo Hope Posted December 20, 2012 Posted December 20, 2012 I attended Celebration Center for at least 15 years, and knew Dan Simpson very well. In fact he married my husband and me in 1996 in the infamous church. I was heartbroken over his decisions pertaining to his wife Tammy whom he married after admitting they had a secret affair. I also know and love his former wife, Darlene, and miss the days when CC was a fully functioning life and soul saving ministry. I still give that church credit for saving my life which, when I walked through the doors in 1990, was a complete drug addicted mess. I will be forever grateful for Dan's ministry in my life, and pray for his and my own salvation. Quote
LifeHiscost Posted December 20, 2012 Posted December 20, 2012 Quote: Leaders sin all the time and lead after sinning too I bet. I would like to suggest there is a difference between falling short and admitting it with repentance, as opposed to practicing sin or sinful ways. While the Scripture plainly reveals we can do nothing without Jesus, it also points out that we can do all things with Him. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.