Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Forget 144,000 out of 7 million - will there be *anyone* left?


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted

OK, so apparently everyone but recent creationists should leave or be booted out of the SDA church. Now we have a thread that seems to say everyone but vegans should too. Recent threads seem to suggest anyone who consumes any secular media at all is in trouble in terms of fellowship.

It goes on and on. Like Shane, I read Jesus sending us out into the highways and byways to compel them to come *in*. I don't read him telling us to so finely divide doctrine that no-one (with the possible exception of those doing the dividing, but I'm sure the One who knows all knows of their own secret sins too) can remain in SDA fellowship/membership.

The church is a hospital for sinners, and we all have different ailments. By God's grace we're all getting better... but

How dare the patients with broken legs tell the cancer patients they don't belong in the hospital, and should leave and get well before they can come to hospital!

Truth is important

  • Moderators
Posted

OK, so apparently everyone but recent creationists should leave or be booted out of the SDA church. Now we have a thread that seems to say everyone but vegans should too. Recent threads seem to suggest anyone who consumes any secular media at all is in trouble in terms of fellowship.

It goes on and on. Like Shane, I read Jesus sending us out into the highways and byways to compel them to come *in*. I don't read him telling us to so finely divide doctrine that no-one (with the possible exception of those doing the dividing, but I'm sure the One who knows all knows of their own secret sins too) can remain in SDA fellowship/membership.

The church is a hospital for sinners, and we all have different ailments. By God's grace we're all getting better... but

How dare the patients with broken legs tell the cancer patients they don't belong in the hospital, and should leave and get well before they can come to hospital!

thumbsup

Posted

The church is a hospital for sinners, and we all have different ailments. By God's grace we're all getting better... but

[color:#3366FF][size:14pt]How dare the patients with broken legs tell the cancer patients they don't belong in the hospital, and should leave and get well before they can come to hospital!

I've always been led to believe that the church was the recovery room for those who had already been healed not a place where patients were always waiting for the doctor to show up with a diagnosis.The patient who keeps telling everyone that his bone cancer is no immediate cause for concern has no reason to stay in the hospital.If you're going to the hospital to get healed why not follow the hospital regulations,and the staff's prognosis rather than insisting on making up your own.The church is not supposed to be the Pool of Bethesda.
Posted

Quote:
OK, so apparently everyone but recent creationists should leave or be booted out of the SDA church. Now we have a thread that seems to say everyone but vegans should too. Recent threads seem to suggest anyone who consumes any secular media at all is in trouble in terms of fellowship.

That is not what the OP in the thread you are referring to said. His question clearly stated he was speaking of a offshoot of the SDA denomination. No SDA church that I know of makes that kind of demand or meat eating a test of fellowship.

I was then introduced to the Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement. For those who have not heard of them, they are an offshoot from the Seventh Day Adventist Church. They are also known as the International Missionary Society (IMS). I was considering being baptized into the church but have trouble with that fact that one condition of baptizm is vegetarianism.

It is very easy tho to use beliefs of offshoots to tar a entire denomination

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted

Doug - Nor do I see God's Church as a hospital for invalids. I'm not sure where this popular notion arose but we hear it everywhere. This attitude teaches dependence upon human strength (like AA) instead of victory over sin through Christ Jesus.

Satan manufactures victims, God makes men overcomers by re-Creation.

  • Administrators
Posted

Maybe it was because the One we follow said the healthy do not need a doctor and that he came to seek out and save the lost. Also he said to bring them all in because there is plenty of room in his house. Then there is the admonition to leave the weeds alone to grow with the wheat so as not to uproot the tender shoots before they have a chance.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Administrators
Posted

Doug,

Where do the sick go to get healed? Do all ills have the same recovery time and rehab plan? Have you considerd that some you might consider sick are really on the long road to recovery?

As for the Pool of Bethesda, Jesus went there when nobody else would. Why? Because that is where he went on Sabbath to find the sick to heal.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Posted

Christ sent His disciples well-equipped.

"And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease." Matthew 10:1.

  • Administrators
Posted

OK, so apparently everyone but recent creationists should leave or be booted out of the SDA church. Now we have a thread that seems to say everyone but vegans should too. Recent threads seem to suggest anyone who consumes any secular media at all is in trouble in terms of fellowship.

It goes on and on. Like Shane, I read Jesus sending us out into the highways and byways to compel them to come *in*. I don't read him telling us to so finely divide doctrine that no-one (with the possible exception of those doing the dividing, but I'm sure the One who knows all knows of their own secret sins too) can remain in SDA fellowship/membership.

Yes, where does it end? I've seen it end with the judger taking him/herself out of the church, faith destroyed.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

144,000 has nothing to do with the gentiles. There will be more than you can count making it and vice versa.

  • Moderators
Posted

Doug - Nor do I see God's Church as a hospital for invalids. I'm not sure where this popular notion arose but we hear it everywhere. This attitude teaches dependence upon human strength (like AA) instead of victory over sin through Christ Jesus.

Satan manufactures victims, God makes men overcomers by re-Creation.

Well...... there was this man called Jesus.........

Luke 9:10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. 11; And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and;sinners?”

12. When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, & ;to repentance.”

Note Jesus said " go and learn what this means"

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Posted

Doug,

Where do the sick go to get healed? Do all ills have the same recovery time and rehab plan? Have you considerd that some you might consider sick are really on the long road to recovery?

As for the Pool of Bethesda, Jesus went there when nobody else would. Why? Because that is where he went on Sabbath to find the sick to heal.

I've got no problem with different rehab schedules,ect...if we're sticking to the instructions of the physician.As for the pool of Bethesda, it should be noted that the sick man didn't go to the Pool as a healed man to hang out with all the other healed folks,and after Jesus healed the sick man He told him to get out of there.Oddly,he ended up at church with an incredible testimony,and no apparent side effects.
Posted

Originally Posted By: Gordon1

Doug - Nor do I see God's Church as a hospital for invalids. I'm not sure where this popular notion arose but we hear it everywhere. This attitude teaches dependence upon human strength (like AA) instead of victory over sin through Christ Jesus.

Satan manufactures victims, God makes men overcomers by re-Creation.

Well...... there was this man called Jesus.........

Luke 9:10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. 11; And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and;sinners?”

12. When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, & ;to repentance.”

Note Jesus said " go and learn what this means"

Amen!!

Posted

[Well...... there was this man called Jesus.........

Luke 9:10 Now it happened, as Jesus sat at the table in the house, that behold, many tax collectors and sinners came and sat down with Him and His disciples. 11; And when the Pharisees saw it, they said to His disciples, “Why does your Teacher eat with tax collectors and;sinners?”

12. When Jesus heard that, He said to them, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. 13. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy and not sacrifice.’ For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, & ;to repentance.”

Note Jesus said " go and learn what this means"

Amen!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...