Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have always said there are a lot of things wrong with Obama-care. I favor medical saving accounts. These typically allow employees to set aside a portion of their pre-tax income for medical expenses and the employer can match that. In addition there is a major medical policy attached that has a $5,000 or $10,000 deductible. Even with an employer match, these policies are a lot less expensive than other policies. Of course, Obama doesn't like the medical savings accounts.

Obama does not like anything that takes power and control out of his hands.

But I still think it will be interesting to see if the many thousands per month of mandates he would like to see businesses and employee's pay will be shareed by the denomination.It should be.Just think with all our employee's how much the church will pay out or close up and make way for someone else.

Shane doesn't have any problem dictating businesses close if they cannot go from 15,000.00 per month insurance to 30,000.00 per month.He thinks Obama is wonderful for thinking of it and leveling the playing field All good liberals do like to see all equally low,just so no one does any better.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

  • Administrators
Posted

Originally Posted By: Tom Wetmore
Most states mandate that you must buy car insurance. Help me see that as any different than mandating you buy health care insurance?

This kind of question comes from those born with a silver spoon in their mouth that are completely unfamiliar with what means to be poor.

I'm not sure if that snarky remark was meant for me personally since I actually asked the question, but let me assure you that at best I was born with a wooden spoon in my mouth. But as a general observation it is just foolish and wrong.

Originally Posted By: Shane
No state mandates everyone to buy car insurance. Only people that own cars and drive them on public streets must buy car insurance....

True enough...

States mandate that everyone has to have car insurance if they own a vehicle and use it on public roadways. That means that if you have that which the insurance is intended to cover, you have to have insurance. True enough that not everyone has a car so have no need of car insurance. Healthcare insurance is to cover the risks of one's physical body. If you have a body you need some coverage for the risks of owning and using your body. I am quite sure that anyone in the US that does not have a body will not be required to get healthcare insurance.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Posted

States mandate that everyone has to have car insurance if they own a vehicle and use it on public roadways. That means that if you have that which the insurance is intended to cover, you have to have insurance. True enough that not everyone has a car so have no need of car insurance. Healthcare insurance is to cover the risks of one's physical body. If you have a body you need some coverage for the risks of owning and using your body. I am quite sure that anyone in the US that does not have a body will not be required to get healthcare insurance.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Shane doesn't have any problem dictating businesses close if they cannot go from 15,000.00 per month insurance to 30,000.00 per month.

The business will pass the cost off to the consumer. Since it is a level playing field, all of the business's competitors will have to do the same.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

  • Administrators
Posted

Right vs. Privilege is a red herring...

Your original idea was simply that there was something wrong with the government forcing or mandating that everyone had to buy private insurance. Then with the clear example that yes government can and does do so with car insurance you go off on this wild hair idea that has nothing to do with the original point.

The point is the government can and will do it, because they have done so before.

And being insulting only makes you look small.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Administrators
Posted

reyes

Lost it only in your head...

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...