Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

All are pretty rediqulous(sp) if you ask me. Even though I voted the Biden one, the more I think about it, it has to be the Palin one. I can understand someone saying the wrong year for the TV, or the amount of states, but an ally, that's just, I can't even say it out loud.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

Both the Palin and Obama ones was just a slips of the tongue. Palin meant to say South Korea and Obama (referring to the continental states) meant to refer to them as 48.

Biden on the other hand referred to FDR going on TV when the market crashed in 1929. Not only wasn't TV invented, but Herbert Hoover was President. FDR did not take office until 1933. In fact, FDR won the election of 1932 by blaming Hoover for the market crash. So that is some serious misunderstanding of history on Biden's part.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Both the Palin and Obama ones was just a slips of the tongue. Palin meant to say South Korea and Obama (referring to the continental states) meant to refer to them as 48.

Biden on the other hand referred to FDR going on TV when the market crashed in 1929. Not only wasn't TV invented, but Herbert Hoover was President. FDR did not take office until 1933. In fact, FDR won the election of 1932 by blaming Hoover for the market crash. So that is some serious misunderstanding of history on Biden's part.

Your facts concerning Obama is wrong.It was stated he had been to 57 states.A bit of a stretch to say he was referring to the lower 48 states.There are however 57 Islamic states

I believe both were a slip of the tongue

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

  • Moderators
Posted

...Biden on the other hand referred to FDR going on TV when the market crashed in 1929. Not only wasn't TV invented, but Herbert Hoover was President. FDR did not take office until 1933. In fact, FDR won the election of 1932 by blaming Hoover for the market crash. So that is some serious misunderstanding of history on Biden's part.

Yes, very serious, I agree. I can hardly believe Biden would say such a thing, but then he's gained quite a reputation for saying some pretty outrageous things. I think if I were Obama I would insist that Biden only open his mouth when he has a speech written for him--- unless Obama doesn't mind Biden looking foolish. Maybe Obama doesn't care because Biden makes him look good by comparison.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

  • Members
Posted

Originally Posted By: Shane
...Biden on the other hand referred to FDR going on TV when the market crashed in 1929. Not only wasn't TV invented, but Herbert Hoover was President. FDR did not take office until 1933. In fact, FDR won the election of 1932 by blaming Hoover for the market crash. So that is some serious misunderstanding of history on Biden's part.

Yes, very serious, I agree. I can hardly believe Biden would say such a thing, but then he's gained quite a reputation for saying some pretty outrageous things. I think if I were Obama I would insist that Biden only open his mouth when he has a speech written for him--- unless Obama doesn't mind Biden looking foolish. Maybe Obama doesn't care because Biden makes him look good by comparison.

Not sure I'd say serious, ignorant for sure. I think sometimes he wants to show how smart he is and wines up putting his foot in his mouth. There was another VP that did the same, can't think of his name.

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...