Jump to content
ClubAdventist

deleted


Recommended Posts

  • Members
Posted

deleted due to lack of interest

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Posted

I think it would help if we could figure out how life works. There are different schools of theological thought on that. Some would say that life is a mechanism that works since creation on its own... I.E. God does not physically create the baby in the womb, just the mechanism of procreation in the beginning. Yet, others would say that no, God is in the process 100% apart from the mechanism (mainly due to some teachings that human body has a separate entity which soul is).

I'm certainly not pro-abortion, neither I think it really is a choice of the mother as far as cutting short a life of a human being, be it a potentially great or evil one. The question becomes is whether God really gives us free choice on this matter to which end we face the consequences. I believe that He does. He does not stop murder from happening in a sense that we live out our own lives uninterrupted and face the consequences of our actions, be it good or bad.

Product of rape is still a human being that would want to be alive and given a chance if asked, but the choice will always be with the mother. That's something that you can't physically take away... no matter what laws or ideologies would seem to impede it. There's no police force in the world that can prevent a human being from committing a suicide, if the person is really set out to do it. The same issue is with abortion.

Posted

I think it would help if we could figure out how life works. There are different schools of theological thought on that. Some would say that life is a mechanism that works since creation on its own... I.E. God does not physically create the baby in the womb, just the mechanism of procreation in the beginning. Yet, others would say that no, God is in the process 100% apart from the mechanism (mainly due to some teachings that human body has a separate entity which soul is).

I'm certainly not pro-abortion, neither I think it really is a choice of the mother as far as cutting short a life of a human being, be it a potentially great or evil one. The question becomes is whether God really gives us free choice on this matter to which end we face the consequences. I believe that He does. He does not stop murder from happening in a sense that we live out our own lives uninterrupted and face the consequences of our actions, be it good or bad.

Product of rape is still a human being that would want to be alive and given a chance if asked, but the choice will always be with the mother. That's something that you can't physically take away... no matter what laws or ideologies would seem to impede it. There's no police force in the world that can prevent a human being from committing a suicide, if the person is really set out to do it. The same issue is with abortion.

Your reasoning here could be construed as being antinomian.I don't think you intended that. True, laws cannot eliminate evil, but laws have been instituted by God to restrict the damage that evil would do ("if those days were not cut short..."). If it were not otherwise clear from the Bible, Paul, the inspired writer of Romans, categorically states:"...he(the government)is God's minister,an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil..." (Rom.13:1-7)
Posted

Romans 13? Another reason to take the Mark when it happens?

As a parent of 4 adopted kids that at one time were going to be aborted, I can tell you first hand that EVERY child is a blessing--even those with 'problems'. While I am for choice, babies have no choice in the matter and it should be up to adults to make the choice for them.

  • Administrators
Posted

While not all pregnancies come under ideal circumstances, I believe in the Romans 8:28 principle that He makes all things work together for the believer's good. He can work a miracle and healing from a disaster.

It's a good thing, as I have no idea how people who are not conscient of God's love survive huge trauma as is suffered on this earth.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

Now that it's deleted, I'm interested. hiya

Agape`

WayneV

Just remember these words of warning, for they will come to pass all too soon:

If you are ever flying through the desert and your canoe breaks down, remember that it takes three pancakes to lift the doghouse, because there ain't nary a bone in ice cream!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...