Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 4, 2010 Members Posted December 4, 2010 This is incredible. People are able to read your credit card ID information, as well as some passports. WREG Channel News - Electronic Pickpocketing Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
Members phkrause Posted December 4, 2010 Members Posted December 4, 2010 Actually saw this on an episode of NCIS a couple of weeks ago. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Planey Posted December 4, 2010 Posted December 4, 2010 Actually saw this on an episode of NCIS a couple of weeks ago. You do get your 'news' from some strange places, pk. Quote Graeme____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Members phkrause Posted December 4, 2010 Members Posted December 4, 2010 Planey,I guess that's life. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
GreatLakesGramma Posted December 4, 2010 Posted December 4, 2010 I checked my credit card. So far, no chip. I'm good for now. My son says you can get shielding wallets to protect against those scanners. I guess if/when I get one with a chip, I'll look into it. Or maybe I'll look into it now, so if I do get a card with a chip when my current one expires, I'll be ready. Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Members rudywoofs (Pam) Posted December 5, 2010 Author Members Posted December 5, 2010 [quote name=" source"] RFID-Blocking Wallets. Two substances block RFID signals: metal and water. Of course, metal is the more sensible choice and is often used in the form of aluminum foil to impede RFID signals. Some have made their own wallets out of duct tape and aluminum foil to block RFID signals; but most prefer the look and feel of a real (leather) wallet. Companies including Kena Kai, Travelon, and Mobile Edge all offer RFID-blocking wallets in a variety of traditional styles including some that will also shield your RFID passport. You can purchase RFID-blocking wallets online: see Amazon.com, Buy.com, Shop.com, and of course, eBay. Read more: How to Protect Yourself from High-Tech RFID Identity Theft | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4685750_yourself-hightech-rfid-identity-theft.html#ixzz17C4XMxaT Quote Pam Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup. If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony. Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?
GreatLakesGramma Posted December 5, 2010 Posted December 5, 2010 So if I wrap my credit card in aluminum foil, I'm good to go? Sounds good! Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Administrators Gail Posted December 5, 2010 Administrators Posted December 5, 2010 I maybe should have read the article, but if the cards are stacked up one on top of each other, is it still possible to be scanned? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Doug Posted December 5, 2010 Posted December 5, 2010 it is possible to damage the chip inside. Your info on the magstripe is still good. Quote
cricket Posted December 5, 2010 Posted December 5, 2010 I would not recommend destroying the chip inside a passport. Quote
Guest Posted December 6, 2010 Posted December 6, 2010 Actually saw this on an episode of NCIS a couple of weeks ago. What's NCIS? Quote
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted December 6, 2010 Administrators Posted December 6, 2010 A very popular TV show that was a spin-off of the TV series JAG. NCIS stands for Naval Criminal Investigative Service. The successful and popular show has spawned a spin-off series, NCIS: Los Angeles. Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Members phkrause Posted December 6, 2010 Members Posted December 6, 2010 What's NCIS? See Tom's post. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Members phkrause Posted December 6, 2010 Members Posted December 6, 2010 Originally Posted By: Richard Holbrook What's NCIS? See Tom's post. Whoops, I see you've already seen it. :) Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators Gerr Posted December 6, 2010 Moderators Posted December 6, 2010 Does the card say if it has a chip in it? How do you check for it? I've already wrapped mine in aluminum foil. Quote
LifeHiscost Posted December 6, 2010 Posted December 6, 2010 Does the card say if it has a chip in it? How do you check for it? I've already wrapped mine in aluminum foil. Until one gets an RFID blocking wallet, protect your cards by carrying them in a place unrecognized or difficult to access without undue effort by the criminal. Using one's imagination as to where that might be practical and using a little creativeness could make it much less likely to happen, even when in a crowd. God blesses!! " Concerning the works of men, By the word of Your lips, I have kept away from the paths of the destroyer."Psalms 17:4 NKJV God blesses!! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.