Jump to content
ClubAdventist

For those for whom Christmas is a difficult time-


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted

I'm feeling it, too.

For me it's a time that I am more aware than usual of forced expectations, expenses and loneliness. And depression.

There is a reason that many people commit suicide during this time and I think that so unfair.

People spend time with their families other days in the year. People are happy for a Saviour more than once a year (or, they could be and should be). Vacation is special, but vacation comes more than once a year.

I think it's because when I am finished with all the things that I am supposed to do, the traditional things, there is a feeling, "Is that it?"

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Posted

There is hope, Sister.

"Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until He comes and showers righteousness on you."

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Posted

The Christmas season is a difficult one for my wife and I. Dec. 12, 1995 we lost our 33 yr.old son in a senseless Scuba Diving accident off the island of St. Croix. He was diving in a area that has a depth of 2000+ ft and was never seen again. He was supposed to have 'come home' four days later.

We hang a single white candy cane on the Christmas tree every year by way of remembrance. He used to eat all the canes off the tree before we even got to Christmas eve. We miss him.

Nuff sed

  • Administrators
Posted

Wow! Nuff sed! How poignant!

and...

Wow- olger! How wonderful!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

  • Administrators
Posted

Thanks again for that hopeful verse, olger. I actually have that one memorized and will be singing it now to help reinforce a positivity in my heart. I love the concept!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...