Stan Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 If you have read the 'stuff' about C/A We are both overrun by Liberals and by Conservatives.. SO which is it? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Woody Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 What about the PCers who claim neither one? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Guest Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 If you have read the 'stuff' about C/A We are both overrun by Liberals and by Conservatives.. SO which is it? That just means that this is the happy place where Liberals and Conservatives come to work out their differences. Quote
Woody Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 Quote: That just means that this is the happy place where Liberals and Conservatives come to work out their differences. what differences? Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted January 16, 2011 Members Posted January 16, 2011 what differences? LOL, I didn't think so either. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Gail Posted January 16, 2011 Administrators Posted January 16, 2011 Why the fuss? I like both liberals and conservatives! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators John317 Posted January 16, 2011 Moderators Posted January 16, 2011 If we can't love people with whom we have disagreements, we won't be in heaven. I'm sure that even in heaven everyone will not agree about everything, but everyone will be agreeable and loving. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators John317 Posted January 16, 2011 Moderators Posted January 16, 2011 I refuse to think of SDAs as liberal/ conservatives. For me, all SDAs are simply that, SDAs. I may disagree with them on some issues, but that doesn't mean I put them in a different catagory from myself. I think when we start putting people in those various catgories, we feed the "us vs. them" spirit, which is harmful to the church. It causes people to say such things as, "I consider you a friend even though you're a liberal," etc. Or, "The reason we don't get along is that he's a conservative and I'm a liberal." We've all seen situations on the Forum where people will "gang up" on someone or even want to see them booted from the Forum simply because they are viewed as being in one of those opposing categories. These are things that Satan uses to attack and divide the church. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Guest Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 I agree John, and even though Satan is a liberal, all liberals are not Satan....right? Quote
Administrators Gail Posted January 16, 2011 Administrators Posted January 16, 2011 Satan is also very much a conservative. I call him a hard taskmaster! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 Quote: even though Satan is a conservative, all conservatives are not Satan I have to agree with this now that I paraphrased it slightly. The modified part certainly makes it true. For Jesus spoke love and forgiveness. It was Satan who spoke about the law and obedience. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted January 16, 2011 Administrators Posted January 16, 2011 Should I bite? Nah... :) Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Woody Posted January 16, 2011 Posted January 16, 2011 Should I bite? Nah... If you want some pizza and OJ ... come on over. I might even throw in some donuts also. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Administrators Gail Posted January 16, 2011 Administrators Posted January 16, 2011 Thanks for the invite! I just might take you up on it... but not until you're done with the old orange juice. Love you anyway!! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Moderators Bravus Posted January 16, 2011 Moderators Posted January 16, 2011 Seems to me that if you're being attacked from both directions it means you're somewhere in the middle, which is a very healthy place for a discussion forum to be. Among other things it means those of us who participate here are not stuck in like-minded echo chambers where we only hear from those who agree with us about everything - which is very good for us (me!). Kudos to Stan for running a most excellent forum. Quote Truth is important
TreeOfLife Posted January 21, 2011 Posted January 21, 2011 I refuse to think of SDAs as liberal/ conservatives. For me, all SDAs are simply that, SDAs. I may disagree with them on some issues, but that doesn't mean I put them in a different category from myself. I think when we start putting people in those various categories, we feed the "us vs. them" spirit, which is harmful to the church. It causes people to say such things as, "I consider you a friend even though you're a liberal," etc. Or, "The reason we don't get along is that he's a conservative and I'm a liberal." We've all seen situations on the Forum where people will "gang up" on someone or even want to see them booted from the Forum simply because they are viewed as being in one of those opposing categories. These are things that Satan uses to attack and divide the church. Yes, I agree very much, most any label we may use to stick on someone tends to separate us from them and to deter from a real healthy and living relationship... Yes, most every such label tends to feed the "us vs. them" spirit and the consequent controversies! Not to speak about mob behavior and outright mobbing... As in "holy war" or as in "the rest of US" vs. "the several million political prisoners within the US prison systems..." many among whom are there merely because they dare to stand up for that all American freedom that we all pay lip service to... Tree of Life © Quote http://adamoh.org
LifeHiscost Posted January 21, 2011 Posted January 21, 2011 "the several million political prisoners within the US prison systems..." many among whom are there merely because they dare to stand up for that all American freedom that we all pay lip service to..." Tree of Life © Anyone who believes the above deserves a sentence of five years in any one of a number of countries that I will not name, for the sake of political correctness. When somewhat younger and more naive (stupid?) and the military draft was still law, I joined a military branch, myself having the idea that three years of volunteering would be far preferable to two years of the draft I didn't choose. Needless to say I spent the next three years eating crow, of which I hated the taste thereof. Finally being released after the allotted minimum of time, I had a new perspective of where it was best to serve my country. Many of us/them make conclusions that are based largely on untried perceptions in the real world. What a relief it is when we can make the best choice we "know" is available to us, and then find the God we choose to worship, fully capable of getting us out of the mess we got ourselves into if we but admit that we're not as smart as we thought we were before the roof caved in. "...if you have trapped yourself by your agreement and are caught by what you said— follow my advice and save yourself, for you have placed yourself at your friend’s mercy. Now swallow your pride; go and beg to have your name erased. Don’t put it off; do it now! Don’t rest until you do. Save yourself like a gazelle escaping from a hunter, like a bird fleeing from a net."Prov 6:2-5 NLT I believe this is in the context of making one's self responsible for someone else's indebtedness, but I'm satisfied it can be applied to anything we allow our mouth to get us into that we are willing to admit we made a mistake. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
bonnie Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 Do I dare ask where this comes from. Proof we are holding millions of americans in prison for speaking out Yes, most every such label tends to feed the "us vs. them" spirit and the consequent controversies! Not to speak about mob behavior and outright mobbing... As in "holy war" or as in "the rest of US" vs. "the several million political prisoners within the US prison systems..." many among whom are there merely because they dare to stand up for that all American freedom that we all pay lip service to... Quote Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this. Quotes by Susan Gottesman
Overaged Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 Satan is "conservative" whenever it suits his purposes. Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Overaged Posted January 22, 2011 Posted January 22, 2011 Ha! ha! I agree with everything you just said Bravus! I believe that would be a CLUB ADVENTIST FIRST Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.