Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Fewer Americans describe themselves as Democrats

By Holly Bailey

A new Gallup Poll finds fewer Americans self-identify as Democrats today than did in 2008. That's potentially bad news for President Obama's 2012 re-election bid, as many of the declines occurred in states he carried in 2008.

According to Gallup, in 2010 every state and the District of Columbia had fewer residents describing themselves as Democrats or identifying as independent voters who leaned Democratic. Some of the biggest declines occurred in swing states that helped Obama claim the presidency in 2008, including Nevada, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Colorado and Indiana.

According to Gallup, a total of 12 states--including Tennessee, Virginia and Missouri--that were "solidly" or leaned Democratic in 2008 have now shifted to "competitive." At the same time, no states have moved in a more Democratic direction in the last three years.

In New Hampshire, a state Obama carried in '08, the number of voters identifying as Democrats dipped more than 11 percent--a turnover second only to Rhode Island, where Democratic identification declined just over 12 points.

But as Gallup notes, voters aren't exactly rushing to the GOP either. Rather, there are simply more competitive states ahead of 2012. And the news isn't entirely bad for Obama's party. According to Gallup, Democratic states still outnumbered Republican states by 23 to 10 in 2010, and there were 14 solidly Democratic states compared with 5 solidly GOP states.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted

Quote:
Fewer Americans describe themselves as Democrats

This is indeed GOOD NEWS.

after all ... friends don't let friends vote Demo

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

You are clearly a Democrat in Republican clothing. :)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

I do not wear Republican clothing. I have never worn fur. 100% cotton for me. I am from Texas after all. And I am no demoncrat. I don't even know which alter they worship at.

I am the guy in the middle. People like me decide elections.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted
announce

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...