Stan Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 Some people sure have a hard life, Lord please forgive me when I whine and complain. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Dr. Shane Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 An attitude of gratitude can change the entire day. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 An attitude of gratitude can change the entire day. I think what Stan is saying is that some don't have much to be thankful for. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 I am not sure that is what Stan was getting at. I do know that in my work with alcoholics and drug addicts we often have to deal with those struggling with self-pity. Nothing cures self-pity like gratitude. Memo From God I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help. If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. It will be addressed in My time, not yours. Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold unto it. If you find yourself stuck in traffic; don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege. Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years. Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return. Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children. Should your car breakdown, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk. Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine. Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity. Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be them!!!!! Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 Quote: "Nothing cures self-pity like gratitude." Very easy for someone to say who is not walking in the others' shoes. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Members phkrause Posted February 26, 2011 Members Posted February 26, 2011 Actually I see it as Stan is saying we should stop thinking we have it so hard because there are others that are in far worse shape than we are. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 yeah I suppose. there are many before me who are dead. I guess I am alive but not sure that is an easy thing to be. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dr. Shane Posted February 26, 2011 Posted February 26, 2011 I have a friend who lives alone and is a divorced quadriplegic. He has a gratitude list. He is grateful to be an American where handicap people get so many benefits. He mentioned to me how different his life would be had he been born in Mexico (like his parents). He is grateful for his friends. I have pictures of him in my facebook holiday album. He builds websites with a pencil in his teeth and is grateful for that. He has a dog he is grateful for. He has a relationship with God he is grateful for. He does admit that it sucks when a fly lands on his nose and there is no one around to swat it. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Members phkrause Posted February 27, 2011 Members Posted February 27, 2011 He does admit that it sucks when a fly lands on his nose and there is no one around to swat it. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
LifeHiscost Posted February 28, 2011 Posted February 28, 2011 Remember, things could be worse. You could be them!!!!! I watch the world around on satellite TV and have never been more sure of your words, Shane. Even in my necessary effort to meet the needs of my wife during the times when some needed improvement of her memory would cause me to reveal a lack of patience, I remember I have a step-son who I have never heard complain about his efforts in taking care of his paraplegic wife. God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Dr. Shane Posted February 28, 2011 Posted February 28, 2011 I was addicted to drugs as a teenager and would steal to support my habit. After sobering up and becoming an adult, someone stole from me and I initially got angry and then with a moment of reflection I thought, "I would rather be in my shoes than his." Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
LifeHiscost Posted February 28, 2011 Posted February 28, 2011 I was addicted to drugs as a teenager and would steal to support my habit. After sobering up and becoming an adult, someone stole from me and I initially got angry and then with a moment of reflection I thought, "I would rather be in my shoes than his." God blesses! Quote Lift Jesus up!!
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.