Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just a little side note before you feel to sad about my lack of giving.

I wasn't referring to giving money. I was talking about actually being in the trenches and working with the folks. I am talking about going into jails and doing Bible studies, working in community services, volunteering at homeless shelters, volunteering at pregnancy crisis centers or other similar activities.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Originally Posted By: bonnie
Just a little side note before you feel to sad about my lack of giving.

I wasn't referring to giving money. I was talking about actually being in the trenches and working with the folks. I am talking about going into jails and doing Bible studies, working in community services, volunteering at homeless shelters, volunteering at pregnancy crisis centers or other similar activities.

What a guy.I bet you think you are one of the very few that have ever "gone into the trenches"

Sorry Shane you do not have a monopoly on that type of service. Most people just don't brag so much about it. Most I know go quietly about the "Lord's business" and when it becomes known it is not thru the giver.

Glad to see you seem to be leading the charge tho

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted

Most people just don't brag so much about it. Most I know go quietly about the "Lord's business" and when it becomes known it is not thru the giver.

Again, I am not trying to brag. All glory and honor go to God. I am just a vessel not worthy of any praise or recognition.

However, I do not have a problem sharing my testimony so it can inspire others to let God use them as a vessel too. Those that watch programs on Adventist TV like 3ABN Today or Really Living see such testimonies all the time. Mission Spotlight is all about telling us about the good works being done in the mission field. The people going on these shows are not trying to brag or show off. They are trying to share their testimony of how God is using them so that others may be inspired to let God use them in a similar way.

It is not about me. It is about Him.

Now, it hardly seems fit to talk about Sean the shister in the same conversation as the holy and honorable service of God. Does it?

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Quote:
It is not about me. It is about Him.
Really??

Quote:
Now, it hardly seems fit to talk about Sean the shister in the same conversation as the holy and honorable service of God. Does it?

As it is only your word about your holy honorbale service. I have a little hard time with holy and honorable and your continual judgement of others .Thats okay tho,your opinion of yourself seems high enough that of others is really not that important

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted
Anything good I do is only the Lord using me as His vessel. I am wicked to the core. All of my works are as filthy rags. The only good I can do is that which the Lord can do through me... If God can use this evil vessel, He can use anyone. Let all praise be given to God - I am worthy of none.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

Originally Posted By: Shane
Anything good I do is only the Lord using me as His vessel. I am wicked to the core. All of my works are as filthy rags. The only good I can do is that which the Lord can do through me... If God can use this evil vessel, He can use anyone. Let all praise be given to God - I am worthy of none.

My parents passed away several years ago,but somehow they keep getting smarter.

They always told us to be careful of claiming humility,as soon as we did we had lost it.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Posted

My parents passed away several years ago,but somehow they keep getting smarter. They always told us to be careful of claiming humility,as soon as we did we had lost it.

thumbsup

That seems to be the prevailing wisdom.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...