Woody Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 Now with the electronic age upon us ... Have our young people lost the old time games that you and I used to enjoy? Tell us about the games you used to play ... I will start with kick the can, teather ball and four square. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Liz Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Pac man, Donkey Kong and Frogger. What my kids play now are completely WILD in comparison. (LOL--I couldn't resist Uncle Woody) We still play Battleship, Monopoly and we all like putting puzzles together. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Woody Posted March 2, 2011 Author Posted March 2, 2011 Cool. While I like the old classic games ... I can be pretty 'wild' on my Wii ... I'm known as WILD WOODY. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dottie Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 Red Rover, Prisoner's Base, Tag, Freeze tag, Crack the whip, Old Maid, Parcheesi, Dodgeball, etc. Quote
Woody Posted March 3, 2011 Author Posted March 3, 2011 Red Rover, Prisoner's Base, Tag, Freeze tag, Crack the whip, Old Maid, Parcheesi, Dodgeball, etc. Anything with Red in it is cool. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
GreatLakesGramma Posted March 5, 2011 Posted March 5, 2011 Duck Duck Goose, Musical Chairs, Hide and Seek, Cat's Cradle, Mother May I, Simon Says, Hopscotch, Jacks, Marbles Quote Catherine God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26. "To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." -- C. S. Lewis
Woody Posted March 5, 2011 Author Posted March 5, 2011 Simon Says made me so frustrated. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Dottie Posted March 6, 2011 Posted March 6, 2011 I've recently discovered that the games we played as children had therapeutic qualities about them. Red Light, Green Light, and Mother, May I? helped children to learn to respond to directions immediately. Other games helped with coordination and focus. Now, children aren't allowed to play them because someone might (terrible thought) actually touch one of their classmates. Or maybe one might get a scratch and a school could be sued, etc. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.