Dr. Shane Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Leading Republican claims Barack Obama grew up in Kenya Quote: Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee told a New York radio station on Monday that Mr Obama's youth led him to resent the West, which he said explains why Mr Obama's foreign policy differs so greatly from that of his predecessors. "One thing that I do know is his having grown up in Kenya, his view of the Brits, for example, (is) very different than the average American," Mr Huckabee said, pointing to Mr Obama's decision in 2009 to return a bust of former Prime Minister Winston Churchill. He failed to note that the bust was on loan from former Prime Minister Tony Blair, who offered it to President George W. Bush in the days after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks as a symbol of trans-Atlantic solidarity... Mr Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961 to a mother from Kansas, and a father from Kenya whom he would barely know. He spent the first five years of his life in Hawaii and then moved with his since-divorced mother and her new husband to Indonesia. At the age of 10, he returned to Hawaii to live with his maternal grandparents on Oahu until he started his undergraduate degree in Los Angeles and completed it in New York City. "The first time I came to Kenya was in 1987," Mr Obama said at the University of Nairobi in 2006. "I had just finished three years of work as a community organiser in low-income neighbourhoods of Chicago, and was about to enrol in law school. My sister, Auma, was teaching that year at this university, and so I came to stay with her for a month." Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 I like Huckabee more and more. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
karl Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Yeah, but that gaffe will cost Huckabee. It was the POTUS' father who grew up in Kenya, not Barack. Barack does have some fascinating roots there, though. Quote
Members phkrause Posted March 2, 2011 Members Posted March 2, 2011 Clueless I guess. I also like him, but unfortunely the more I listen to him the more I'm seeing what a clueless person he is becoming. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Dr. Shane Posted March 3, 2011 Author Posted March 3, 2011 Huckabee is very scary to those that love religious liberty. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
carolaa Posted March 5, 2011 Posted March 5, 2011 It sounds like Huckabee is becoming the Republican version of Joe Biden. Quote
Dr. Shane Posted March 5, 2011 Author Posted March 5, 2011 Maybe a little but Biden is bad. Saying FDR gave fire-side chats on TV in 1929, which was before TV was invented and before FDR was President is pretty bad. It is kind of hard to top that. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
olger Posted March 5, 2011 Posted March 5, 2011 Herman Cain for President ! `oG Quote "Please don't feed the drama queens.."
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.