Jump to content
ClubAdventist

So, what are YOU going to do about it?


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators
Posted
Quote:
But life is too short, and heaven too liberal with grace, to spend your life obsessing over what you despise. God’s grace inheres not in theological propositions, but in relationships, in goodness shown toward one another. It is possible to fight over theology forever, and accomplish absolutely nothing for God’s kingdom—less than if you gave one glass of cold water to one thirsty person.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

  • Members
Posted

Thanks for the quote Tom. I read the whole piece it came from and felt like it was a huge breath of fresh air!

That's why I feel better about engaging in personal relationships of the "real" kind versus the "virtual" kind and participating in community projects where I can be of the most help to the most people. That's what I'm going to do!

All the infighting that we do as Adventists is surely not redemptive in nature. EGW said in a few places that relationships should be redemptive in nature or it's better not to have them.

Sure I don't agree with everything that Adventism espouses but it's still the best religion I know Biblically and I'll let God be my judge. Sitting in front of my computer arguing over theological issues isn't going to make me or others better Christians.

Alex

We are our worst enemy - sad but true.

colorfulcanyon-1-1.jpg

 

http://abelisle.blogspot.com

Posted

So what am I doing? Are you asking me to honk my own horn???

Right now I am putting together a beginner guitar book with Christian songs so that some of the elders at the Mexican church we attend can offer free guitar lessons to the community as a type of outreach.

I continue to copy DVDs of programs I record off from Christian TV. Some of them are so good the Mexican church sells them for a few dollars and thus can get the message out and raise a little money at the same time.

Next weekend my family is going off the an Adventurer's Camporee. I am the only dad from the local club that will be going so it will be me with a bunch of moms and kids.

I have declined and resigned all positions in the church because of my pending placement in Africa with my company. I was the men's ministry director for two years but that really only boiled down to doing some work once a month.

I do continue to work with alcoholics and addicts in a recovery group although I don't share my faith directly unless asked about it apart from the meetings.

Well, that is what little I am doing. I look forward to read about everything everyone else is doing.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com 

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Posted

it's called tooting not honking :) lol

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Around my home ... honking is not something you want to write home about either.

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...