Jump to content
ClubAdventist

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am not asking when it was sent to us.

But I am asking if the Holy Spirit existed before then and if so ... when was the HS birthed?

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

  • Moderators
Posted

The Holy Spirit is the Third person of the Godhead, and since the eternal Godhead-- or God--- is from everlasting to everlasting, it follows that the Holy Spirit, like the Father and the Word, has always existed.

John 3:16-17

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Posted

The Holy Spirit is the Third person of the Godhead, and since the eternal Godhead-- or God--- is from everlasting to everlasting, it follows that the Holy Spirit, like the Father and the Word, has always existed.

Exactly right, John. Simply and well said.

  • Members
Posted

The Holy Spirit is the Third person of the Godhead, and since the eternal Godhead-- or God--- is from everlasting to everlasting, it follows that the Holy Spirit, like the Father and the Word, has always existed.

thumbsup

phkrause

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Posted

I am not asking when it was sent to us.

But I am asking if the Holy Spirit existed before then and if so ... when was the HS birthed?

this looks like it came from another topic, so flying blind here...

The ot does give evidence of having known of the existence of the HS and it's operations...but I'm not sure what you mean by "birthed".

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Posted

Originally Posted By: Woody
I am not asking when it was sent to us.

But I am asking if the Holy Spirit existed before then and if so ... when was the HS birthed?

this looks like it came from another topic, so flying blind here...

The ot does give evidence of having known of the existence of the HS and it's operations...but I'm not sure what you mean by "birthed".

"Birthed" totally came from Woody's brain. Can U imagine that. I come up with the weirdest things some times. :)

May we be one so that the world may be won.
Christian from the cradle to the grave
I believe in Hematology.
 

Posted

Oh, ok. Interesting wording. lol.

facebook. /teresa.quintero.790

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.



×
×
  • Create New...