Moderators Gerr Posted April 11, 2011 Moderators Posted April 11, 2011 Just to let you all know, our friend Dr. Ben Herndon passed away two weeks ago. His sweetheart Bunnie followed a few days later. Quote
Members phkrause Posted April 11, 2011 Members Posted April 11, 2011 Condolence's to the family and very sorry to hear that. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Woody Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 Just to let you all know, our friend Dr. Ben Herndon passed away two weeks ago. His sweetheart Bunnie followed a few days later. I am very sorry to hear this. And I feel bad that I lost contact with him after his move. Thanks for letting us know Gerry. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators John317 Posted April 11, 2011 Moderators Posted April 11, 2011 I'm very sorry to hear this, Gerry. Did you ever meet him? I was glad to get to talk with him several years ago in Riverside. He was hoping to meet you there, too. Where was he living at the time of his passing? The last we exchanged messages, he was planning on moving. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Stan Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 Thanks for letting us know this. I enjoyed my meeting with him and his bride. I did have some email exchanges with him after he moved to be with his son. A couple of years ago I sent some chocolates on behalf of the forum. He saved lives as an innovative surgeon, and he spoke from his heart. I was thinking about emailing him a few weeks ago, I wish I would have now. Until the morning. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Dr. Shane Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 It won't be long and we shall gather at the river. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Woody Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 I don't know if Dr. Ben has family. But if he does ... I hope they know how fond of him we were. Quote May we be one so that the world may be won. Christian from the cradle to the grave I believe in Hematology.
Moderators Kevin H Posted April 11, 2011 Moderators Posted April 11, 2011 My condolences to his family, it is good that we can look beyond the grave. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted April 11, 2011 Author Moderators Posted April 11, 2011 I'm very sorry to hear this, Gerry. Did you ever meet him? I was glad to get to talk with him several years ago in Riverside. He was hoping to meet you there, too. Where was he living at the time of his passing? The last we exchanged messages, he was planning on moving. Yeah, we went to the old Corona church that was adjacent to the hospital on a number of occasions and met him there. We had lively SS discussions then, just like we had in this forum. Yeah, he was a good friend. He & his wife were living in northern Calif the last time I heard from him, but he was planning to move back to SoCal to be closer to their daughter. His last two emails to me were so poignant describing how he was providing 24/7 care for Bunnie who had developed advanced Alzheimer's dz. They made my eyes water. I think he finally found a live-in 24/7 caregiver a few weeks before he passed away. Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted April 11, 2011 Author Moderators Posted April 11, 2011 I know how you feel. I received his last email about 3-4 days before he died, and I put off responding. I felt bad. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted April 11, 2011 Administrators Posted April 11, 2011 Thank you, Gerry, for passing this news to us. He is missed here. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
skyblue888 Posted April 11, 2011 Posted April 11, 2011 What was his user name? Quote "The merits of His sacrifice are sufficient to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C.36.
Administrators Gail Posted April 11, 2011 Administrators Posted April 11, 2011 benherndon LOL Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Stan Posted April 19, 2011 Posted April 19, 2011 Left to right myself, Bunny, Dr Ben. A real gentleman, does anyone have his son's address? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators John317 Posted April 20, 2011 Moderators Posted April 20, 2011 Wasn't that picture taken at the Spaghetti Factory in Riverside? Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Stan Posted April 20, 2011 Posted April 20, 2011 Yes, I think you may have been the one to take that..... Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.