Stan Posted May 16, 2011 Posted May 16, 2011 >>>Donald Trump says he will not run for president in 2012. See.... it was a joke after all. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Tom Wetmore Posted May 16, 2011 Administrators Posted May 16, 2011 Since this season of Celebrity Apprentice is almost over, he has milked all he can out of his publicity gimmick to shore up its sagging ratings... Quote "Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good." "Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal." "I love God only as much as the person I love the least." *Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth. (And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)
Dr. Shane Posted May 17, 2011 Posted May 17, 2011 Well, Lazarus is going to be heart-broken. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Moderators lazarus Posted May 17, 2011 Moderators Posted May 17, 2011 I am. You must agree that a Trump run would have been incredible. Imagine all the crazy on liners and self promotion during the debates. He would have stole the show. Trump was the best shot that the GOP had. Quote Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Einstein
Members phkrause Posted May 17, 2011 Members Posted May 17, 2011 Since this season of Celebrity Apprentice is almost over, he has milked all he can out of his publicity gimmick to shore up its sagging ratings... That's the first thing I thought it was. I told my wife that that was the case. But I did think that after his show was over that he would run. So after all the hoopla he decides he wont run, there's only one reason for that, he knows he could never win and he didn't want to look like a fool. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Dr. Shane Posted May 18, 2011 Posted May 18, 2011 Imagine all the crazy one liners and self promotion during the debates. Yes, I think the media is morning greatly. They were probably counting all the advertising dollars they would get off the ratings. I think that is what would have hurt Trump the most. How could he give the networks such great ratings and not get any part of the profits? That just cuts against his grain. I don't think Obama is a shoe-in. Unemployment still needs to drop below 8%. No President has ever been re-elected with unemployment above 8%. His approval rating isn't bad at around 50% but most people are not thinking politics. Once the campaigns get into full gear and people start seeing all the negative ads things change. Obama's committed base is only about 24% of voters and those that are committed against him are around 35% so he is heavily dependent on swing voters - like me. If the economy is booming and unemployment is below 8%, I will consider voting for him again. If for some reason unemployment gets below 6% (which I doubt) I think my chances of voting for him will be over 90%. But if unemployment is still above 8%, I think my chances of voting for him will be slim. It will come down to the worst of two evils at that point. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.