Stan Posted May 22, 2011 Posted May 22, 2011 Every tried to reason with the unreasonable? How did it work out for you? Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Flyboy Posted May 22, 2011 Posted May 22, 2011 I try to reason with my kids all the time and it just doesn't work out very well at all! Quote
fccool Posted May 23, 2011 Posted May 23, 2011 LOL, the irony is that they probably have the same view of you guys :) Quote
Moderators Bravus Posted May 23, 2011 Moderators Posted May 23, 2011 Benjamin Disreali wrote "My idea of an agreeable fellow is someone who agrees with me". Perhaps similarly, the reasonable are those whose reason fits with my reason. Quote Truth is important
Moderators Bravus Posted May 23, 2011 Moderators Posted May 23, 2011 Which definitely implies that for some people, I'm 'the unreasonable'. Quote Truth is important
Flyboy Posted May 23, 2011 Posted May 23, 2011 This is the issue. When most people talk about "reasoning" with someone else they usually mean trying to convince them, not engaging in thoughtful discussion. The latter is usually more successful in accomplishing both of the aforementioned motives. Quote
Moderators Kevin H Posted May 23, 2011 Moderators Posted May 23, 2011 I frequently get posts of people trying to reason with me... Quote
Administrators Gail Posted May 23, 2011 Administrators Posted May 23, 2011 I frequently get posts of people trying to reason with me... And yet I see you as one of the most reasonable members on here! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.