Stan Posted May 26, 2011 Posted May 26, 2011 Too often, folks try to witness by showing their friends and family that we are without any kind of sin. We show them our bar is so high no one could ever reach it, and we are that way because we love Jesus and he loves us, loves us more than 'you' What our witness should be is this, "Our help comes from the Lord" he sustains me. Even on this board so many, who have not been to Church in years, put on that face and are willing to be a martyr for 28 fundamental beliefs (Which I support the 28 fully BTW) Fake witnessing leads to emptiness and shallowness. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Overaged Posted May 27, 2011 Posted May 27, 2011 Even on this board so many, who have not been to Church in years, put on that face and are willing to be a martyr for 28 fundamental beliefs (Which I support the 28 fully BTW) Fake witnessing leads to emptiness and shallowness. What do you mean "willing to be a martyr?" How so? Quote "People [rarely] see...the bright light which is in the clouds..." (Job 37:21)"I cannot know why suddenly the stormshould rage so fiercely round me in it's wrathBut this I know: God watches all my pathAnd I can trust""God helps us to draw strength from the storm" - OveragedFaith makes things possible; it does not make them easy, Steps To Christ
ChildofChrist Posted May 28, 2011 Posted May 28, 2011 When I saw this title..."We don't talk about the failure of 'witnessing' " I must have been thinking about doing something while out and about 'witnessing'. AND the way I see it, the only failure is not allowing ourselves to be open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit to open our mouths and be willing to be the 'mouthpiece' for Him. Quote Wakan Tanka Kici Un ~~Child of Christ~~
karl Posted May 29, 2011 Posted May 29, 2011 Ya can't give whatcha ain't got. But if you don't give it away, you can't keep it. Quote
Don_Don07 Posted June 25, 2011 Posted June 25, 2011 Hi Stan, Long time no see by the way... And you still look the same in that picture. :-) Last week my wife, daughter, and I started something new for family worship. We started shareing how we were able to witness for God during the day and to who. Also started praying for them. I tell you what, at first I think it was a bit akward probably just because it was new but it's been at has been interesting. I don't know if it's just because I/ we didn't notice it before or because things are happining more now but it is what it is. Just thought I would share... Quote “Preach the Gospel and wherever necessary use words!” Let your life be a sermon.
Stan Posted June 25, 2011 Author Posted June 25, 2011 DON DON!!!!! Thank you for sharing that,,,,,,,,, you are so missed here. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Gail Posted June 26, 2011 Administrators Posted June 26, 2011 DonDon!!!!!! My son!! Where have you been? Great idea, BTW! Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Liz Posted November 21, 2011 Posted November 21, 2011 Last week my wife, daughter, and I started something new for family worship. We started shareing how we were able to witness for God during the day and to who. Also started praying for them. I really like this idea, and hopefully my family will too. Another thought is that we don't know how our "witnessing" is coming across to others. I have a very sweet friend, who constantly tells me how he witnesses to others on the job. One day I met one of his co-workers, and that guy couldn't say anything nice about my friend, he actually said that he would never go visit our church due to my friend and his "witnessing effort". So whereas you might think you are doing a good thing, you could be turning people off. Quote For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.
Members phkrause Posted November 21, 2011 Members Posted November 21, 2011 I like that, Praise the Lord. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Administrators Naomi Posted December 10, 2011 Administrators Posted December 10, 2011 Ya can't give whatcha ain't got. Amen Quote If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.