Stan Posted June 16, 2011 Posted June 16, 2011 US lawmaker Anthony Weiner has told friends that he going to step down.. Now speculate his next job.. Winner gets 276 Clubadventist points. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Administrators Gail Posted June 16, 2011 Administrators Posted June 16, 2011 His name is WHAT again? And he did WHAT??? LOL Apparently more than just those women were NOT impressed! And the rest of the world was even less impressed by his denial and trivialization of his act... Why is it that shame is only considered AFTER one is caught? Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Stan Posted June 16, 2011 Author Posted June 16, 2011 He could have made it yesterdays news like, what was his name? Arnold something. Americans are noted to forgive almost everything EXCEPT a coverup. He did that. AND that is how our Church needs to deal with it's sins. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Dr. Shane Posted June 18, 2011 Posted June 18, 2011 What I found interesting is that Obama said that if it were him, he would resign. Really? I wondered what Obama thought about Clinton back during the Lewinsky scandal. Did Obama think Clinton should have resigned? It is highly unlikely G.W. Bush would have won in 2000 if Al Gore Jr. had been running as an incumbent. So Clinton hanging in there pretty much put GW Bush in office. Certainly what Clinton did was much worse than what Weiner did. In addition to sexual immorality, Clinton tried to cover it up, obstructed justice, perjured himself and solicited perjury. And yet Obama has said he would resign for simply sending some nude pictures to someone in what was suppose to be a private exchange. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Members phkrause Posted June 18, 2011 Members Posted June 18, 2011 As was mentioned on the news, I believe on O'Riely last night, that it was the pictures that were being sent. They mentioned that had that happen with BC, there would've been a different outcome. I have no problem with what Obama said, I believe he would've, but I also believe this would never happen to him, so that's why he could say that and not worry about actually having to resign. And besides I think Presidents get a little more leeway. They shouldn't but they do. :( Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Dr. Shane Posted June 18, 2011 Posted June 18, 2011 I think semen on the blue dress is worst than photos on the internet. That is just my opinion but lots of teenagers send stupid pictures like that on the internet. That just makes a person look childish and lacking maturity. Weiner lied to the press, his friends and family. As far as we know, he didn't break any law. Clinton obstructed justice, perjured himself and solicited perjury - in addition to lying to the press, his family and friends. And Clinton's motive was to deny Paula Jones justice. I think Obama made the comment without thinking it through. I suspect he defended Clinton (although I could be wrong) and just threw Weiner to the sharks because it was politically convenient. If a person is to be consistent, anyone that supported Clinton should also have supported Weiner. Quote Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com Author of Peculiar Christianity
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.