aaronsweden Posted September 3, 2011 Posted September 3, 2011 Does anyone have a clue why the Empowered Living Ministries website is down (www.empoweredlivingministries.org)? It's been down for some time now. For those who haven't heard about it, it was founded by Jim Hohnberger and his family. Best regards S. Quote
ccdixon Posted September 3, 2011 Posted September 3, 2011 Empowered Living Ministries sent out this email to everyone on their mailing list: August 12, 2011 Dear Cynthia, What I am about to share with you is not what we came to the mountains for, it is not what we are about. Regrettably, I must confess my failure and ask each and every one of you for forgiveness. Over many years I grew very close with an individual that I came to know and work with, although there was no sexual intercourse there was inappropriate physical interactions. I humbly ask and hope you can find it in your hearts to please forgive me for discrediting the message that I preach and the hurt that this must cause to so many. I have gone to my God, the one that I came here to find and I have asked Him for His forgiveness and His empowering grace to make me anew. He is taking me through true repentance and deep remorse and a brokenness I have never known before. Consequences have befallen me. I have withdrawn myself from ministry that I may spend the time needed in reflection, realistic self-evaluation, and getting direction from God and His Word. I have gone to my lovely but broken-hearted wife, Sally and have asked for her forgiveness. What a woman! Strong by my side, still very much in love with me, and the most forgiving human being I have ever met in my life. I have asked forgiveness from my sons and their wives, for the disgrace that this brings upon a beautiful work, life, and our precious family. My love for my God, my zeal for His Son, my seeking of His Holy Spirit, and my dedication to His Word is undaunted. Mistakes can break us in several ways. But this mistake is allowing God to take the axe to the very root of my fall and put an end to it. Praise God! I know I am not deserving but I covet your prayers for me as I go through this burning of my dross that my gold may once again honor my God. Forgive me for having let you down, for having hurt those that needed to be lifted, for having marred my Heavenly Father's name and His message. Forgive me for giving His enemies cause for rejoicing, and for all those whose lives this message has touched. May my life once again give glory back to my Father. Yours in the Christian Hope, Jim Forward email This email was sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx by office@empoweredlivingministries.org | Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy. Empowered Living Ministries | 3945 North Fork Road | Columbia Falls | MT | 59912 Quote Sanctuary/temple/body/human
Moderators John317 Posted September 3, 2011 Moderators Posted September 3, 2011 No, I don't know. Welcome to clubadventistform. I hope we see you posting many more on a lot of other topics. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Members phkrause Posted September 3, 2011 Members Posted September 3, 2011 Well he's got my prays that's for sure. It is regretable that something like this happens, but it is very commendable of the individual to stand up for his mistakes and ask forgiveness of God and those that they hurt. I believe that he has been on this forum in the past and I pray that he finds it a place of comfort now, if he needs. I for one will not condemn, because I know that I've done things that were not proper either. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Moderators John317 Posted September 3, 2011 Moderators Posted September 3, 2011 I'm sorry to hear about this pastor's fall and am happy to see that he's repented and offered a public apology. Also glad that his wife and family have evidently forgiven him and still love him. We know that God still loves him. We would all be in the same situation except for the grace of God. I hope and pray he finds the solution to all his problems and comes back fully to Christ. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators John317 Posted September 3, 2011 Moderators Posted September 3, 2011 Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
aaronsweden Posted September 3, 2011 Author Posted September 3, 2011 Empowered Living Ministries sent out this email to everyone on their mailing list: August 12, 2011 Dear Cynthia, What I am about to share with you is not what we came to the mountains for, it is not what we are about. Regrettably, I must confess my failure and ask each and every one of you for forgiveness. Over many years I grew very close with an individual that I came to know and work with, although there was no sexual intercourse there was inappropriate physical interactions. I humbly ask and hope you can find it in your hearts to please forgive me for discrediting the message that I preach and the hurt that this must cause to so many. I have gone to my God, the one that I came here to find and I have asked Him for His forgiveness and His empowering grace to make me anew. He is taking me through true repentance and deep remorse and a brokenness I have never known before. Consequences have befallen me. I have withdrawn myself from ministry that I may spend the time needed in reflection, realistic self-evaluation, and getting direction from God and His Word. I have gone to my lovely but broken-hearted wife, Sally and have asked for her forgiveness. What a woman! Strong by my side, still very much in love with me, and the most forgiving human being I have ever met in my life. I have asked forgiveness from my sons and their wives, for the disgrace that this brings upon a beautiful work, life, and our precious family. My love for my God, my zeal for His Son, my seeking of His Holy Spirit, and my dedication to His Word is undaunted. Mistakes can break us in several ways. But this mistake is allowing God to take the axe to the very root of my fall and put an end to it. Praise God! I know I am not deserving but I covet your prayers for me as I go through this burning of my dross that my gold may once again honor my God. Forgive me for having let you down, for having hurt those that needed to be lifted, for having marred my Heavenly Father's name and His message. Forgive me for giving His enemies cause for rejoicing, and for all those whose lives this message has touched. May my life once again give glory back to my Father. Yours in the Christian Hope, Jim Forward email This email was sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx by office@empoweredlivingministries.org | Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeâ„¢ | Privacy Policy. Empowered Living Ministries | 3945 North Fork Road | Columbia Falls | MT | 59912 Thank you so much for your reply! It really took away a burden from my chest, and I've been praying about this subject a lot the last week. To be honest, I had read horrible rumors about this subject, which I of course now realize weren't true (I hate the fact that I even had doubts). Me and my wife love to read Jim's books and watch his DVD:s. His works are truly inspired by God! However, last Sabbath we went to youtube to watch some of his seminars. When we were done I happened to scroll down to read the comments. There someone had posted horrible stories about Jim, making it look like he was an adulterer and a fraud. I couldn't believe what this person wrote, but to be honest I wasn't completely sure whether or not it was a true claim. Now I realize it was a terrible exaggeration by someone who clearly wants to ridicule Jim and make his ministry look bad. When I went to the users personal page, it turned out he had only been registered on youtube a few weeks, so it seemed like he created that account merely in order to write those mean comments! And I don't really understand why the seminar-uploader allows those false comments to remain there! They are damaging the picture of Jim for people who doesn't know the real facts! Once again, thank you for posting this mail. I wanted to make sure that those comments were only mean rumors, and my prayers have been answered. Well, Jim has apparently done something wrong, but if anything, it only shows he is human and that he truly regrets before God what he's done. He has repented, which is most important! It also shows that the comments on youtube were terrible and mean exaggerations since no sexual intercourse whatsoever took place. Finally, regardless of what has happened, it doesn't mean that his ministry is not inspired by God! Jim and his family will certainly be in my prayers. But maybe the most important one we should pray for, is the one who is posting those mean and false comments (some of them found here: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=W5KQq9GWz7g) God bless! Best regards S. Quote
Administrators Gail Posted September 3, 2011 Administrators Posted September 3, 2011 Thanks, all, for your posts. The devil works hard to confound and destroy those who work for our Lord and who are leaders. I still like his books! He may have made a mistake but he will have a painful road ahead of him when he sees the sorrow that his actions have caused. But God is a God of restoration and hope. May Jim not lose sight of that and come out of it a better witness. Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Administrators Gail Posted September 3, 2011 Administrators Posted September 3, 2011 I wonder if that is why I was able to get some Hohnberger DVDs recently really cheap... Quote Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.