Stan Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 Not a lot of Adventist are telling folks he is an Adventist these days.... just sayin' Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 Is he? Really? I didn't know that. Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Stan Posted September 30, 2011 Author Posted September 30, 2011 actually not find any solid evidence now, it was a hot topic when Jackson died. He did graduate from LLUMC. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators Jeannieb43 Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 He went to medical school at Meharry Medical College [in Nashville, TN]. He then took an internal medicine residency at the same school. He later took a second internal medicine residency, at Loma Linda Medical Center. He's from Grenada. Also lived later in Trinidad and Tobago. [this according to the bio I found online.] Quote Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....
Moderators Gerr Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 I never heard or read that he is an Adventist or a LLUMC grad. Quote
Igakusei Posted September 30, 2011 Posted September 30, 2011 What's with the two IM residencies? Did he fail to complete the first one? Quote I believe in life before death
Members phkrause Posted September 30, 2011 Members Posted September 30, 2011 In his bio I see where he did his residency at LLUMC. I couldn't find anywhere, where it says he is or was a SDA. Upon graduating Maharre, Murray enrolled for additional training at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota and then completed his residency at Loma Linda University Medical Center in California. Other training stints followed; he studied at the University of Arizona on a Cardiology Fellowship, and landed back in California, where he eventually worked as the associate director for the interventional cardiology fellowship-training program at Sharp Memorial Hospital in San Diego. Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Stan Posted September 30, 2011 Author Posted September 30, 2011 actually not find any solid evidence now, it was a hot topic when Jackson died. He did graduate from LLUMC. There was chatter about this on a previous public figure he was involved with. There really is not evidence on the 'net that I was able to find. Quote If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses. https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com
Moderators John317 Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 I feel sorry for him, and I can only hope and pray for the court to make the right decision. Apparently he brought it on himself. With his background as a teacher in his field, it makes it hard to believe he didn't know better than to do those things. I wonder if he's a practicing SDA. Many doctors go through the SDA school without being SDA or without being practicing church members. I also wonder if there was any connection between his possibly being SDA and Michael Jackson's choice of him as his doctor. Does anyone know if anyone on Jackson's staff were either SDA or former SDA? I just thought of something. Michael Jackson was very good friends with Little Richard, and of course Little Richard is SDA. I believe he is still SDA. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Moderators Nan Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 Of course I cannot get into Dr Murray's head but I cannot conceive how any well trained doctor....which he would seem to be...would think it safe to do those things of which he is accused. Most people with no medical background at all would see the dangers. I guess there were small steps which led to larger ones....and the that is the story of the human condition. Quote
Moderators Nan Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 http://www.biography.com/people/dr-conrad-murray-481814 From the above... In fact, it was Dr. Murray's debt situation that set the stage for his working relationship with Michael Jackson. The two men had first met in 2006 when the singer, a frequent Vegas visitor, had contacted Dr. Murray about treating one of his children for an unknown medical situation. Reports indicate that the two men soon became friends and, as Jackson began making plans for his upcoming 2009 concert tour, he hired Dr. Murray to be his personal physician for an astounding $150,000 a month. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted September 30, 2011 Moderators Posted September 30, 2011 That's tragic. Sorry to hear about his debts. Thanks for that info, Nan. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Members phkrause Posted September 30, 2011 Members Posted September 30, 2011 Of course I cannot get into Dr Murray's head but I cannot conceive how any welltrained doctor....which he would seem to be...would think it safe to do those things of which he is accused. Most people with no medical background at all would see the dangers. I guess there were small steps which led to larger ones....and the that is the story of the human condition. MONEY Quote phkrause When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice; But when a wicked man rules, the people groan. Proverbs 29;2
Dottie Posted October 1, 2011 Posted October 1, 2011 An interesting quote out of that article: "Some experts have said Murray's use of this additional medicine may have actually exasperated[??] the problems propofol had caused." Quote
Moderators Gerr Posted October 1, 2011 Moderators Posted October 1, 2011 I have never seen propofol used outside an OR or ICU setting. Quote
Moderators John317 Posted October 1, 2011 Moderators Posted October 1, 2011 Do you know of any stated policy within the medical field that doctors should not or cannot give propofol outside of the OR or ICU, or in any environment such as Dr. Murray gave it in? I'm just wondering if the defense will be able to find medical doctors who say they would have had no trouble giving Jackson the propofol just like Murray did. It seems to me like they won't but I've seen some crazy things testified to in court before. Quote John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. [17] For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Pockey Posted October 1, 2011 Posted October 1, 2011 No one uses propofol for home use. That's just nuts Quote
Kountzer Posted October 1, 2011 Posted October 1, 2011 I've circulated in Houston adventist churches for years. There are only so many sda in Houston. I don't know all the names, but I remember a lot of the faces. I have never seen Dr Murray around. Even if I missed him, the controversy of the events leading to this trial would have surfaced in some local gossip data base by now. Dr. Murray had a medial office only a few miles from where I stay. I didn't know that until the MJ death became news. Quote I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs. Frederick Douglass
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.